Cannot save images

Tried this on different image searches and cannot save any images to drive. Try it on the link below, or any image. I have tried shortcut 'CTRL'+Left Click and right click 'save image as', neither save the image. It goes through the process of asking what location to save, but fails to do so. 

http   ://icons.iconseeker.com/png/fullsize/qs-vista-ready-icons/qs-vista-maxthon-vr3.png

edit: Did not explain the CTRL+Left click properly. 

6 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

Tried this on different image searches and cannot save any images to drive. Try it on the link below, or any image. I have tried shortcut 'CTRL'+Left Click and right click 'save image as', neither save the image. It goes through the process of asking what location to save, but fails to do so. 

http   ://icons.iconseeker.com/png/fullsize/qs-vista-ready-icons/qs-vista-maxthon-vr3.png

edit: Did not explain the CTRL+Left click properly. 

works fine here, either way too..

sigmax2.png

Just now, ToothFaerie said:

Yes, Ody. Still works fine in Maxthon 4, Opera, Firefox and the dreadful IE Edge. Do you think clearing our all the old stuff could help? If so what folders should I look for. Thanks again guys. 

no I have no idea..

i've tried to reproduce it by switching mode, but it still works here. unless the forlder you try to save to is set to " read only", but then it would not work with other browsers..

sigmax2.png

Sorry, I think you got the wrong end of the stick. How would I do a full vanilla install of Maxthon 5, removing all previous folders/versions?

P.S. I know there are hidden folder and files, so it is these that maybe holding be back from image saving. Thanks again Ody.

12 minutes ago, ToothFaerie said:

Sorry, I think you got the wrong end of the stick. How would I do a full vanilla install of Maxthon 5, removing all previous folders/versions?

P.S. I know there are hidden folder and files, so it is these that maybe holding be back from image saving. Thanks again Ody.

:huh: i never told you to do a clean install.. I told you that i have no idea. I just tried to reproduce your issue by switching mode (ultra to retro), and made a guess about read only files.

about clean install, of course it's possible, because of cloud storage. Just uninstall maxthon, and when prompt to, check clear user data, history, etc... then install again. You should retrieve your favorites, notes, passwords and most settings first time you launch the browser. Not sure if this would help in your case.  if you want some more help, you should read this : 

sigmax2.png

You are a star Ody, I will try as much as I can. It is still only alpha so I'm hopeful that these little growing pains will disappear soon enough. Thank you for all your help. 

edit: Well I have totally removed, cleaned out all folder and registry options and still cannot save images. I'll stick with MX4 for now and play with MX5 when I have time. 

8 hours ago, ToothFaerie said:

You are a star Ody, I will try as much as I can. It is still only alpha so I'm hopeful that these little growing pains will disappear soon enough. Thank you for all your help. 

edit: Well I have totally removed, cleaned out all folder and registry options and still cannot save images. I'll stick with MX4 for now and play with MX5 when I have time. 

thank you but.. sorry I can't help

a member describes the same issue on chinese forum...

sigmax2.png

Archived