Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-ody-

how to mx5 vote for the features you want

12 posts in this topic

Maxthon Jeff has stated that the policy of maxthon is to listen to users voices. Therefore the new QA structure allows members to vote for a thread. 

In order for your vote to be taken into account, you need to vote at the top of the topic, "likes" will not achieve anything.

vote2.png

MX5 no longer allows a local account or user control over what is synced to the cloud. Some users may not want or be able to use a passport account rendering MX5 useless. Bringing back a system similar to MX4 would be preferable.
Vote here if these are features you would like to return to MX5: 

http://forum.maxthon...ynchronization/

If you don't want the search extension, which is back and hidden, vote here :

For the record, search extension is linked to google CSE and because of continous synchronization, you need to modify a config.ini file to remove it (thanks to Ldfa)

http://forum.maxthon...arch-extension/

if you find the new quick access ugly and unreadable, vote here :

http://forum.maxthon...3-quick-access/

4 people like this

and there's also this topic from 7Twenty

Not sure where the best place to put this little request is, and I thought it was mentioned in an earlier post that I can' find now. If there is a better, more appropriate and visible place, please let me know or move it for me. Thanks.

The Tab bar should have the ability, as in past versions to be placed in places other than simply just at the very top. I like it at the bottom of the header toolbars, right above the open window and below the shortcut bar. Others might like it completely at the bottom. Right now it is stuck at the very top and one has to move their mouse over every other toolbar to get there; works for some but I'd prefer not to. MX4 had the simple ability to have it in one of 2 configurations from the menu>skins tab, which will work for me, but others may want even more flexibility. 

And that is my only complaint with MX5, besides what we know will be a more refined QA in the future (In it's current form, I have been able to make it work just fine for my usage and not unusable as some have reported but it still needs to go a bit to be a beautiful layout with icons and/or thumbnails and possibly tabs or at a minimum labels for rows in the left margin. But it works as designed for opening web sites). 

I would also like to request that the ability to block third-party cookies be restored to Maxthon 5. This feature is very important to the privacy and security of the users. In fact, this feature would help mitigate the impact of the newly-discovered HEIST attack against HTTPS. 

1 person likes this

I've been using Maxthon for some months now. Below are some features that I love/use the most on Maxthon. Please, keep them in MX5:

1. The open all/open some tabs on startup functionality.

2. The global mute button.

3. The syncronization bookmarks feature.

4. The site search and the translate buttons.

5. Click on the "close the last tab" button doesn't close Maxthon.

I want my favorites back on the sidebar and i also want the option to delete favorites when you right click.

TRansparent skins/themes would be cool too.

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Chanikky said:

I want my favorites back on the sidebar and i also want the option to delete favorites when you right click.

TRansparent skins/themes would be cool too.

Vote here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20201-favorites-in-side-bar/

and

you can check this http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20481-sidebar-favorites/.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Chanikky said:

i also want the option to delete favorites when you right click.

You can't just click on the Trash Can?

Delete favs.png

Hi!

In alpha version the Screenshot tool (part of a screen - Ctrl+F1) received a good addition - it could choose some control on a screen (i.e. window, panel, textbox, frame etc.) and save all it's content to a picture without having to select it manually with a frame. So if I wanted to shot a window, I just needed to point its caption with mouse and press LMB. But now in beta this functionality is gone. Why?

1 person likes this

On 8/4/2016 at 8:32 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

You can't just click on the Trash Can?

Delete favs.png

No, the way it was before was a lot more easier.
There was the favorites icon on the side bar and when you click it, you could just right click and delete favorites. 
Now you have to go to Infobox and search for the favorites before you delete.

3 people like this

You can add support for transparent theme. I don't like modern ui. I want to have a possibility to personalize my browser like in older compilation Maxthon.

On 6/8/2016 at 7:13 PM, Drzemor said:

You can add support for transparent theme. I don't like modern ui. I want to have a possibility to personalize my browser like in older compilation Maxthon.

the idea is "if you want something, ask for it in a separate thread" (here or in user voices), and if people vote for it (more than 20 votes), it may happen

I close this thread, thank you for your understanding