I don't like it, for now

Ok, so here is my point of view on Mx5.0 alpha.

I'm missing to much things from Mx4.x...

I'm missing the ability to DIRECTLY dislpay the fav's from the sidebar was very useful... now we have to go to infobox (I don't like this one...), or to pin an ugly thing in the upper bar.. I like my Maxthon clean, and using the upper bar to display fav's is some kind of a non-sense for me.

I'm missing the skins!

I'm missing the speed of maxthon 4.x... Even on Android, pages are way longer to display...

So for now, Mx5.0 will clearly not be my daily browser.

1 minute ago, Sai said:

Ok, so here is my point of view on Mx5.0 alpha.

I'm missing to much things from Mx4.x...

I'm missing the ability to DIRECTLY dislpay the fav's from the sidebar was very useful... now we have to go to infobox (I don't like this one...), or to pin an ugly thing in the upper bar.. I like my Maxthon clean, and using the upper bar to display fav's is some kind of a non-sense for me.

I'm missing the skins!

I'm missing the speed of maxthon 4.x... Even on Android, pages are way longer to display...

So for now, Mx5.0 will clearly not be my daily browser.

I too miss the fav bar, infobox maybe insteresting, it has nice additions to favorites, but needs to be improved (hopefully it will ?)

skins ? we all hope they will come back, UI is too minimalist to be handy the way it is now

several bugs needs to be fixed (video rendering, address bar,...)

remember it's an alpha..:)

sigmax2.png

15 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I too miss the fav bar, infobox maybe insteresting, it has nice additions to favorites, but needs to be improved (hopefully it will ?)

skins ? we all hope they will come back, UI is too minimalist to be handy the way it is now

several bugs needs to be fixed (video rendering, address bar,...)

remember it's an alpha..:)

Sure I know it's an alpha. that's why I say I don't like it for now. I hope it will be improved in the way we like ;)

But as an alpha tester, it was told to feel free to comment on bugs, or improvements. So it was just my reporting.

Will certainly do the same for next release.

I do not like: 1) No favorites Export 2.) When deleting favorites MX5 crashes or freezes. 3.) on mouse gestures he crashes and fatal error displays.

I hope very MX 5.1. xxx this I can not use. I look again at the Vivaldi, what you got there as Alpha and what everything already was. And this here is simply unfinished. It continues with MX4.9.2.600 beta because you have something solid out of the problems with Google.

11 minutes ago, Chantao said:

I do not like: 1) No favorites Export 2.) When deleting favorites MX5 crashes or freezes. 3.) on mouse gestures he crashes and fatal error displays.

I hope very MX 5.1. xxx this I can not use. I look again at the Vivaldi, what you got there as Alpha and what everything already was. And this here is simply unfinished. It continues with MX4.9.2.600 beta because you have something solid out of the problems with Google.

The gestures work well here. as well as favorites deleting.

a lot is possible - even side favourites with a workaround - its early days and a lot in the skin is hidden so things may change - this shows some possibilities - and no before anybody asks i will not be uploading it - its rough and ready and i dont think it fair to an alpha/beta test to add an untested UI to it 

skin2.png

skin3.png

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

8 minutes ago, Tony said:

a lot is possible - even side favourites with a workaround - its early days and a lot in the skin is hidden so things may change - this shows some possibilities - and no before anybody asks i will not be uploading it - its rough and ready and i dont think it fair to an alpha/beta test to add an untested UI to it 

skin2.png

skin3.png

Good!

It means that it will certainly come soon. Thanks!

Maxthon just gets worse and worse. It is a fantastic browser, but with every reincarnation it gets worse, I keep losing my last session, it has started crashing randomly and videos do not work properly. I did have version 4.4.2.something installed and videos were problematic, then I updated to 4.9, big mistake, nothing worked. so I went back to 4.4.something and now it just won't open. I don't hold up any hope for mx5.

6 minutes ago, dagoz said:

Maxthon just gets worse and worse. It is a fantastic browser, but with every reincarnation it gets worse, I keep losing my last session, it has started crashing randomly and videos do not work properly. I did have version 4.4.2.something installed and videos were problematic, then I updated to 4.9, big mistake, nothing worked. so I went back to 4.4.something and now it just won't open. I don't hold up any hope for mx5.

Did you do a clean install?

As for M5, I'm already using it as my default browser, its already quicker than M4.4 or M4.9.

Archived