Do you need to make a clean install?

36 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Do you need to make a clean install or can you install over an existing version?

If you don't want to have problesm, yes. 
I think you have to copy all data what may be lost, remove all data what will be symc, because sync does not work OK when you change version. 
People wrote about problems because of sync alreade: broken extensions, lost notes...

On 7/13/2016 at 1:28 PM, -ody- said:

Mx5 installs in a different folder (Maxthon5) in program files (x86) .

dir.png

I suggest you back up your datas in appdata. so clean install yes but don't delete Mx3 folder, rename it to something else..

Thanks, Ody for that info. I haven't received mine yet and was wondering. From your comment, am I correct in assuming that the data files are still being stored in the Roaming>Maxthon3 folder or does MX5 create it's own new data folder Maxthon5? And is the EXE file in the Program Files (x86) folder still Maxthon.exe or have they updated that to maxthon5.exe? Just curious so I have some more info before installing it. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Thanks, Ody for that info. I haven't received mine yet and was wondering. From your comment, am I correct in assuming that the data files are still being stored in the Roaming>Maxthon3 folder or does MX5 create it's own new data folder Maxthon5? And is the EXE file in the Program Files (x86) folder still Maxthon.exe or have they updated that to maxthon5.exe? Just curious so I have some more info before installing it. Thanks. 

1) yes all versions share the same maxthon3 folder

2) it's still maxthon.exe

sigmax2.png

Archived