Address bar : various issues

2 hours ago, PsyAfter said:

Text align center and displaying domain only is not too comfortably.

In prev version it was better (left align + full url with bolded domain)

all thats possible but its a skin mod - history mostly says what we have on the stock UI will not change

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Address bar :

1. Switch Core button is  missing
  2. When you try to use "paste& go" (by right click) at address bar you have to click on the middle of it! or it takes 2 steps :  1)left click anywhere into address bar to expand the url, 2) then right click to copy/paste. An option to not hide the true URL in the address bar would be nice
  3. right-click does not work in address bar (reported by magg)
  4. searched words and alias remain in address bar (has to be deleted before you type another word into address bar) 

addressbug.png

sigmax2.png

9 minutes ago, -ody- said:

2. is (at least partially) fixed in 2700 ! (clean instlall)

search alias do work as intended, searched words and URL do no longer remain in address bar.

As time goes on we will need to use mode button less often...

52 minutes ago, -ody- said:

switch core button missing :

OK, I can change the mode (main menu/tools), it's not handy but possible,  but then,  how do I know which mode I am without this button ?

When you switch from Ultra to Retro, the menu entry changes and reads Retro to Ultra.  Not convenient at all.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

4 minutes ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

When you switch from Ultra to Retro, the menu entry changes and reads Retro to Ultra.  Not convenient at all.

yes and there's no way to know which mode you're on but going to main menu/tools !

sigmax2.png

With the new .2700 alpha build, an ugly problem from M4 has been reintroduced - and worsened.

If I go to type a URL into the address bar, it begins suggesting possible URLs from my history, as you would expect. However, it then ignores whatever I type after the first character or two, so when I press Enter it only activates the first part of the address. Sometimes this results in searching the specified search engine (Google UK in my case), and sometimes the first suggest matched URL.

For example:

I want to go to http://getbootstrap.com/css/

I open the new tab page and begin typing 'getb...'

getbootstrap.com/css/ pops up as first result in the suggest dropdown, as I've visited numerous times before. I press the down arrow to select it, then Enter.

I end up being taken to https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g&gws_rd=ssl

This is driving me slowly insane. Is anyone else having similar problems?  It has been evident in the most recent build of M4, although not quite so persistently, and I didn't notice it in M5 alpha 2500.

1 hour ago, vityushka said:

Ok, guys. How I can back old address bar view? Now it show only root website address.

For example, for 'Ask New Question' page I see only 'forum.maxthon.com' without subpage, but real url (I can see it, when click to address field) http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/95-mx5-alpha-version-qa/&do=add

another way is to click the little arrow next to the bee.

but there's no option yet to "always" display the real url

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

another way is to click the little arrow next to the bee.

but there's no option yet to "always" display the real url

Yes, and this is sad. Really strange solution. I hope it will be fixed in next builds of Maxthon 5, because I really don't understand reason, why Maxthon hide full url path. Always click somewhere, when I wanna see full url? Are you #$%# kidding me?:)

17 minutes ago, vityushka said:

Yes, and this is sad. Really strange solution. I hope it will be fixed in next builds of Maxthon 5, because I really don't understand reason, why Maxthon hide full url path. Always click somewhere, when I wanna see full url? Are you #$%# kidding me?:)

they say "it's for aesthetic reasons" ...

looking at the new QA, we don't have the same idea of what "aesthetic" means :wacko:

sigmax2.png

2 hours ago, AaronX said:

With the new .2700 alpha build, an ugly problem from M4 has been reintroduced - and worsened.

If I go to type a URL into the address bar, it begins suggesting possible URLs from my history, as you would expect. However, it then ignores whatever I type after the first character or two, so when I press Enter it only activates the first part of the address. Sometimes this results in searching the specified search engine (Google UK in my case), and sometimes the first suggest matched URL.

For example:

getbootstrap.com/css/ pops up as first result in the suggest dropdown, as I've visited numerous times before. I press the down arrow to select it, then Enter.

This is driving me slowly insane. Is anyone else having similar problems?  It has been evident in the most recent build of M4, although not quite so persistently, and I didn't notice it in M5 alpha 2500.

I can't reproduce this, I tried with several words, never got to google instead of the url

sigmax2.png

2 hours ago, AaronX said:

For example:

I can't reproduce this either.  

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

7 hours ago, -ody- said:

I can't reproduce this, I tried with several words, never got to google instead of the url

It is slightly temperamental. Seems more likely to happen the longer the browser is open - even for as little as a couple of hours of usage. Sometimes I can type in the entire URL, not use the suggested URLs at all, and it still takes me either to Google or to the first suggested page when I press Enter. It's a nightmare.

For clarity, I'm running on Windows 10 Pro x64.

Screenshots attached. See how much I've typed, and how much it's actually acknowledged and matched in the dropdown in bold.

fail.gif

fail2.gif

On 2016/7/13 at 4:35 PM, PsyAfter said:

Text align center and displaying domain only is not too comfortably.

In prev version it was better (left align + full url with bolded domain)

Hello, thanks your suggestion firstly, PsyAfter.

This suggestion already sent to design team. We will consider your suggestion. :)

Ok. I will add my case. I'm a dev and I really wanna see full URL all time for my work. In Maxthon 5 I must: 1) Click to address bar 2) Click to part of url  that I want to change. This is too slow. Dev-guys, please, add some option in settings for this (if you don't want to show full url for all).

1 hour ago, vityushka said:

Ok. I will add my case. I'm a dev and I really wanna see full URL all time for my work. In Maxthon 5 I must: 1) Click to address bar 2) Click to part of url  that I want to change. This is too slow. Dev-guys, please, add some option in settings for this (if you don't want to show full url for all).

Don't know if you will be interested, but there is a Skin that does what you want with the URL  You can find it here:  

sshot-5.png.23468c480301f7a4deed248e5b610374.png

• 1 month later...

I have seen that some users have mentioned that they would like to see the full URL shown in the address bar and others may like a shortened URL to be shown. My suggestion is that users may have a choice (you can add that word to your vocabulary) of having the shortened URL or a full URL, that is a choice I would like to see.

• 1 month later...

Archived