Bookmarks

Feedback
1. Bookmarks cannot be deleted from favorites bar

2. Sometimes bookmarks cannot be moved to other folders from favorites bar. (I think they cannot be moved to folders that were created in MX5 because other folders work as they should be).

3. No multi selection for bookmarks in infobox.

4. No bookmarks export option like in MX4.

5. No indication that webpage is bookmarked and no warning window that this webpage is already bookmarked when user tries to bookmark it again.

I hope these issues will be fixed in upcoming updates. (Most probably they will because this is alpha and not even beta version of MX5.)
P.S. Keep up the great work.
:)

15 hours ago, A.S. said:

I think they should keep Favorites with no changes and make Infobox special tab or window. 
Because Infobox is more notes, than bookmarks.

infobox is not a bad idea, but you should be able to pin it to side bar or open in a new tab.

sigmax2.png

5 hours ago, PHYR said:

@Wilser I don't have that issue, drag&drop works fine on fav bar.

Edit opps, as soon as I release the linkon fav bar, M5 does crash.

the same happened to me.. I tried with several links, no issue, now it crashes every time too...

sigmax2.png

Hello, Ventage,

5. No indication that webpage is bookmarked and no warning window that this webpage is already bookmarked when user tries to bookmark it again.

I already transferred those 4 suggestions to product managers. In alpha version, bug fix and basic improvement will occupied a lot of time, but they will discuss those suggestions and consider them later.

2. Sometimes bookmarks cannot be moved to other folders from favorites bar. (I think they cannot be moved to folders that were created in MX5 because other folders work as they should be).

For the 2nd question, I want to ensure its circumstance, do you want to move a single favorite into a folder in favorites bar under (the address bar)?

Thanks your feedback, Ventage. :)

2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

Hello, Ventage,

I already transferred those 4 suggestions to product managers. In alpha version, bug fix and basic improvement will occupied a lot of time, but they will discuss those suggestions and consider them in later versions.

For the 2nd question, I want to ensure its circumstance, do you want to move a single favorite into a folder in favorites bar under (the address bar)?

Thanks your feedback, Ventage. :)

I hope this helps:

C85FxQ.gif

I've created this "new folder" in a group on test purpose , and now I can't unpin it.

and it does not show in infobox either... edit : i think it's by design, all groups have it, when you click it, it creates a new folder

group.png 

sigmax2.png

3 minutes ago, ventage said:

What :o. Is that the new version or old one?

both .. noticed it today mornings (2600) but still true with 2700

edit : I think it's not a bug, all groups have it, if you click it, you can add a folder to the group. I've edited my post ! :shy:

sigmax2.png

9 minutes ago, -ody- said:

both .. noticed it today mornings (2600) but still true with 2700

edit : I think it's not a bug, all groups have it, if you click it, you can add a folder to the group. I've edited my post ! :shy:

I'll wait for auto update and then will test it. (I want to find out if auto update works:D)

Infobox is a total disaster. The old Favorites manager was simple and the layout was excellent- 1 listing per line with sections that could be expanded by clicking and dragging . This new "block" listing is impossible to use; the blocks occupy far too much vertical space and can't be stretched or extended laterally in order to reduce their height. Please gives us the option to go back to the old layout. I dont need Notes. If I need to take notes I type it into a Text editor such as Notepad.

@Ody the Trashcan Icon shown by Joe Max works for deleting folders.Just wait for it to Sync (F*****G Slow). It helps to close IB after clicking on the Trash Can.

6 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@Ody the Trashcan Icon shown by Joe Max works for deleting folders.Just wait for it to Sync (F*****G Slow). It helps to close IB after clicking on the Trash Can.

again (already said twice above lol), I can only delete folders that show in the list, this "new folder" is not in the list :wink:... I think it's by design, all groups have it. create a group, pin it to shortcut bar and you'll see.

about the way this section works, Bugmiss told me: if you agree with a thread, vote for it, so that devs can see what we want or not. If they are votes enough (maybe ten) they may take it in consideration.

vote.png

sigmax2.png

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, cphx said:

hey,

how can I download all favicons like in previous maxthon version?

I don't know if it was available in 5.0.1.1200, but it is available in an internal test version.  Open Infobox and check as indicated in this image.

Update Favicon.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived