Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ventage

Bookmarks

31 posts in this topic

Feedback
1. Bookmarks cannot be deleted from favorites bar

 

2. Sometimes bookmarks cannot be moved to other folders from favorites bar. (I think they cannot be moved to folders that were created in MX5 because other folders work as they should be).

 

3. No multi selection for bookmarks in infobox.

 

4. No bookmarks export option like in MX4.

 

5. No indication that webpage is bookmarked and no warning window that this webpage is already bookmarked when user tries to bookmark it again.

 


I hope these issues will be fixed in upcoming updates. (Most probably they will because this is alpha and not even beta version of MX5.)
P.S. Keep up the great work.
:)

 

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ventage said:

Feedback
1. Bookmarks cannot be deleted from favorites bar

point number 1 : you can upin them from fav bar (shortcut bar), but not delete them.

unpin.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, -ody- said:

point number 1 : you can upin them from fav bar (shortcut bar), but not deleted.

unpin.png

Yes but still I would prefer to have delete option there too. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they should keep Favorites with no changes and make Infobox special tab or window. 
Because Infobox is more notes, than bookmarks.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, A.S. said:

I think they should keep Favorites with no changes and make Infobox special tab or window. 
Because Infobox is more notes, than bookmarks.

infobox is not a bad idea, but you should be able to pin it to side bar or open in a new tab.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + d" is a good solution I think. One can choose in advance where it should go.

strdaddbm.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/7/2016 at 11:24 PM, Wilser said:

Drag a link to the "Favorites bar", the browser closes.

you mean to the new "shortcut bar" ? if so, I can't confirm, it opens the link in a new tab here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilser I don't have that issue, drag&drop works fine on fav bar.

Edit opps, as soon as I release the linkon fav bar, M5 does crash.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm it here on my end also.  Crashes every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PHYR said:

@Wilser I don't have that issue, drag&drop works fine on fav bar.

Edit opps, as soon as I release the linkon fav bar, M5 does crash.

the same happened to me.. I tried with several links, no issue, now it crashes every time too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Ventage,


1. Bookmarks cannot be deleted from favorites bar

3. No multi selection for bookmarks in infobox.

4. No bookmarks export option like in MX4.

5. No indication that webpage is bookmarked and no warning window that this webpage is already bookmarked when user tries to bookmark it again.

I already transferred those 4 suggestions to product managers. In alpha version, bug fix and basic improvement will occupied a lot of time, but they will discuss those suggestions and consider them later.

 

2. Sometimes bookmarks cannot be moved to other folders from favorites bar. (I think they cannot be moved to folders that were created in MX5 because other folders work as they should be).

For the 2nd question, I want to ensure its circumstance, do you want to move a single favorite into a folder in favorites bar under (the address bar)?

Thanks your feedback, Ventage. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

Hello, Ventage,


1. Bookmarks cannot be deleted from favorites bar

3. No multi selection for bookmarks in infobox.

4. No bookmarks export option like in MX4.

5. No indication that webpage is bookmarked and no warning window that this webpage is already bookmarked when user tries to bookmark it again.

I already transferred those 4 suggestions to product managers. In alpha version, bug fix and basic improvement will occupied a lot of time, but they will discuss those suggestions and consider them in later versions.

 

2. Sometimes bookmarks cannot be moved to other folders from favorites bar. (I think they cannot be moved to folders that were created in MX5 because other folders work as they should be).

For the 2nd question, I want to ensure its circumstance, do you want to move a single favorite into a folder in favorites bar under (the address bar)?

Thanks your feedback, Ventage. :)

I hope this helps:

C85FxQ.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ventage said:

I hope this helps:

 

confirmed

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've created this "new folder" in a group on test purpose , and now I can't unpin it.

and it does not show in infobox either... edit : i think it's by design, all groups have it, when you click it, it creates a new folder

group.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I've created this "new folder" in a group on test purpose , and now I can't unpin it.

and it does not show in infobox either...

group.png

Can you rename it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joemax said:

Can you rename it?

of course not, right click does not work on this folder, and it does not show in infobox...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, -ody- said:

I've created this "new folder" in a group on test purpose , and now I can't unpin it.

and it does not show in infobox either...

group.png

What :o. Is that the new version or old one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -ody- said:

of course not, right click does not work on shortcut bar, and it does not show in infobox...

 

Delete it from IB!!!!!!!!!!

 

pep.png

pep.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ventage said:

What :o. Is that the new version or old one?

both .. noticed it today mornings (2600) but still true with 2700

edit : I think it's not a bug, all groups have it, if you click it, you can add a folder to the group. I've edited my post ! :shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joemax said:

 

Delete it from IB!!!!!!!!!!

 

pep.png

pep.png

i just told you it does not show in infobox :wink: (if it was somewhere it would be in shortcuts).. anyway, I think it's by design !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -ody- said:

both .. noticed it today mornings (2600) but still true with 2700

edit : I think it's not a bug, all groups have it, if you click it, you can add a folder to the group. I've edited my post ! :shy:

I'll wait for auto update and then will test it. (I want to find out if auto update works:D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ventage said:

I'll wait for auto update and then will test it. (I want to find out if auto update works:D)

i can tell you it does not work for alphas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, -ody- said:

i can tell you it does not work for alphas...

Well then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ time to install new alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Infobox is a total disaster. The old Favorites manager was simple and the layout was excellent- 1 listing per line with sections that could be expanded by clicking and dragging . This new "block" listing is impossible to use; the blocks occupy far too much vertical space and can't be stretched or extended laterally in order to reduce their height. Please gives us the option to go back to the old layout. I dont need Notes. If I need to take notes I type it into a Text editor such as Notepad.

 

@Ody the Trashcan Icon shown by Joe Max works for deleting folders.Just wait for it to Sync (F*****G Slow). It helps to close IB after clicking on the Trash Can.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/7/20 at 1:26 PM, ventage said:

I hope this helps:

C85FxQ.gif

Understand~ Thanks, Ventage, it's so clear. :)

Already sent to product team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Magdalene said:

@Ody the Trashcan Icon shown by Joe Max works for deleting folders.Just wait for it to Sync (F*****G Slow). It helps to close IB after clicking on the Trash Can.

again (already said twice above lol), I can only delete folders that show in the list, this "new folder" is not in the list :wink:... I think it's by design, all groups have it. create a group, pin it to shortcut bar and you'll see.

about the way this section works, Bugmiss told me: if you agree with a thread, vote for it, so that devs can see what we want or not. If they are votes enough (maybe ten) they may take it in consideration.

vote.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey,

how can I download all favicons like in previous maxthon version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cphx said:

hey,

how can I download all favicons like in previous maxthon version?

I don't know if it was available in 5.0.1.1200, but it is available in an internal test version.  Open Infobox and check as indicated in this image.

 

Update Favicon.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks, its not :( Ill wait then ;) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites