Please explain VIP packages and fees structure

Here are questions asked by Secret-HQ in the thread:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/20061-do

No one bothered to answer to any of questions bellow so far. I hope someone will do it here.

===============================================================================

The VIP program and its levels, as well as its role in the alpha rollout, are maddeningly unclear.

It would be nice to know:

• what the levels are
  • whether the prices quoted are per major version, per year, or for the lifetime of use;
  • when and how users can upgrade or downgrade service to a different VIP level; 
  • if "free now" means free during the alpha phase or free until some renewal comes due; and 
  • if alpha testers are locked into the levels they came in at for the duration of the alpha test or if they'll be able to upgrade/downgrade within the alpha phase.

I also can't help wondering:

• Will all MX5 users be at one of the three VIP levels, or will there be non-VIP users?
  • Will there be any non-paid use of MX5?  If not, how's that going to affect the spread and promotion of MX5?
  • Is there going to be premium access to customer service and tech support for VIP users?

1 minute ago, 17167647 said:

All of this, in my opinion, should be explained to users before MX5 campaign was started.

And we all feel the same way, but until China explains in clear language, we can do nothing but guess and get upset, and hopefully for no reason at all.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 2016年6月18日 at 0:12 AM, 17167647 said:
  • what the levels are
  • whether the prices quoted are per major version, per year, or for the lifetime of use;
  • when and how users can upgrade or downgrade service to a different VIP level; 
  • if "free now" means free during the alpha phase or free until some renewal comes due; and 

Hello, the answers of above questions are here please.

On 2016年6月18日 at 0:12 AM, 17167647 said:
  • Will all MX5 users be at one of the three VIP levels, or will there be non-VIP users?
  • Will there be any non-paid use of MX5?  If not, how's that going to affect the spread and promotion of MX5?
  • Is there going to be premium access to customer service and tech support for VIP users?

Currently Alpha version is open to pre-registered users only.
Same to above answer, Maxthon 5 will be free to use and we will NOT charge the use of Maxthon.
Sorry I'm not sure what's your last question mean? Do you mean become a tester of MX5 or?

Thank for your concern for MX5!

sigmaxlizzie.png

Thanks for boosting the signal on those questions, @17167647!
And thanks for answering, @BugSir005!
(And, as always, thanks to @No.1MaxthonFan for keeping the conversation on track.)

As you've noticed, BugSir, there's some confusion from English-speakers about the pre-registration page citing specific values ($49.38, $43.58, and $37.78) for an "annual service plan."  Here in the U.S., the phrase "service plan" usually indicates one of two things:

1. An agreement to pay for service on a regular schedule.  If you don't pay, the service is suspended.  For example, you have a service plan for your cell phone.  If you don't pay the bill, you can keep the phone, but it can no longer access the cell network, so it becomes functionally useless.  (Maxthon users think this and fear that, if they don't pay for the annual service plan, Maxthon will stop working — or will, at least, become limited in its functions.
  2. A warranty or assurance that something will work as intended, usually backed up by customer support.  For example, you may have a service plan on your television.  In this case, the plan entitles you to customer support (usually in the form of telephone calls or internet-based chat).  Your television will work if you don't renew the service plan — vur you'll no longer be able to call the company and get support from the television's manufacturer.  (I asked about this because it seemed like a possible model:  Users might pay a premium to get the additional benefit of being able to call Maxthon Support and have someone help them installation or configuration.  This is something computer users are used to getting from big software vendors.)

The phrase I suspect would be more appropriate than "annual service plan" might be "perks."  In English, "perks" are benefits you don't pay for and don't need but make the experience better.  They're sometimes called "add-ons" or "fringe benefits."

For example, I might buy a car and get a one-year membership to AAA (the American Automobile Association, a membership-based service that will provide roadside assistance if I have a flat tire or dead battery while on a trip).  I can opt to renew my membership in AAA after my free year expires, or I can let it lapse.  In either case, my care continues to work as well as it would have without the AAA membership, and I still have all the access to the manufacturer/dealer/whomever I purchased the car from.  This would be a "perk" or a "fringe benefit" of buying (say) a certain brand of automobile.

Does that make sense?  (I'm not trying to trick you into revealing any secrets of the VIP packages early — just attempting to clarify where some of the confusion originates. :D )

On 6/21/2016 at 6:24 AM, BugSir005 said:

Sorry I'm not sure what's your last question mean? Do you mean become a tester of MX5 or?

He wants to know if those with VIP status of 3, 2, or 1 will get preferential treatment from technical support or customer service if they encounter problems.

10 minutes ago, Secret-HQ said:

Does that make sense?  (I'm not trying to trick you into revealing any secrets of the VIP packages early — just attempting to clarify where some of the confusion originates. ;) )

I think your analogies will confuse them even more.  :arf:

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived