Bad UI for login on live.com

its always been like that for me going back to MX3 - until you posted i just assumed thats how it was - its fine in retro mode so go that route as i dont think it will be fixed any time soon

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

I noticed that if there is the username parameter in the querystring the problem is solved (the placeholder is not visible/overlapped to the input).
There are 3 JavaScript errors in the page.
Blocked a frame with origin "https://onedrive.live.com" from accessing a frame with origin "https://login.live.com". The frame requesting access set "document.domain" to "live.com", but the frame being accessed did not. Both must set "document.domain" to the same value to allow access.
I think these make some stuff of Knockout not right and the <div> that they use as placeholder has not the display:none.

On Chrome it works, so I think it is a browser problem.

Please, use "retro mode" in 2016 is no more acceptable for me.

Alessandro

The other problem is that you can't get the fill/save form options in the context menu when clicking in the username field if using manual fill. Only available using the password field or typing a letter in the username field first.

11 hours ago, Alex 75 said:

you have to delete the content

You don't have to, it just needs some keyboard input to remove the placeholder. It seems the Magicfill data is actually entered correctly, it just doesn't see it while the placeholder is there.

So I know this isn't a fix, but it does mean that you don't need to enter your whole username when logging in.

Create a new magic fill entry with an extra letter at the end. eg. me@home.comm instead of me@home.com
The username with the extra letter will be filled, then all you need to do is focus on the username field, backspace once to remove the extra letter and press enter.

Definitely something that needs to be looked at though.

10 hours ago, Alex 75 said:

There are 3 JavaScript errors in the page.

I don't get any errors? Unless we're looking at something different.

I think part of the problem is that Magic Fill doesn't seem to have been updated much since MX3. In the meantime there have been new methods like this that cause some issues with how it enters data.

1 hour ago, BugMiss006 said:

ah...I use the 4.9.3.100. It works well~ please have a try. Alex, if you still can't use it, please message me again~

and...well...why your input box is yellow? Mine is white

My input box is also yellow and has been that way at least since the earliest versions of M4(maybe since creating an MSN account). Magic Fill fills the info with that of my Microsoft account rather than that of my live account. I'm guessing it has to do with having more than one account. I always have to login manually, there are no other options offered.

Edit: If I do a MF search for MSN only one account shows, if I search MF for Live, both accounts show.

The MSN account URL begins with  "https://login.live.com/ppsecure/post.srf?wa=wsignin1.0" and the Live account begins with  "https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0" 

Magic fill uses the Live account when trying to sign in. Clicking on one of the  partial urls above brings me to Microsoft login page while the other brings me to an error page.

M$ bad request.png

M$ sign in.png

4 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

Oh, I see. Thanks, PHYR~

I had to edit the post slightly to clarify.

"MagicFill fills the info with that of my Microsoft account rather than that of my live account. " should read

"MagicFill fills the info with that of my non MSN account rather than that of either of my live accounts."

17 hours ago, Alex 75 said:

Hi,

this is what I see opening http://login.live.com site:
It is not only a UI problem, the filled field (username or email) doesn't work, you have to delete the content and write your email in.

Please fix it.

Alessandro

Hi, Alessandro

I know this. It's actually a  bug. This a magic fill display error. We will fix it ASAP. sorry for this inconvenience. and so thanks your feedback~

22 minutes ago, PHYR said:

"MagicFill fills the info with that of my non MSN account rather than that of either of my live accounts."

I think it should be a bug. I guess this because their URL all start with https://login.live.com/, so they are recognized as one address.

I transferred this problem to teat team. I'm waiting for their feedback.

1 minute ago, BugMiss006 said:

I think this because their URL all start with https://login.live.com/, so they are recognized as one address.

I transferred this problem to teat team. I'm waiting for their feedback.

Send it to M$, I think it started happening when they started merging accounts, multiple accounts under one live account!

2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

ah...I use the 4.9.3.100. It works well~ please have a try. Alex, if you still can't use it, please message me again~

and...well...why your input box is yellow? Mine is white

I get the same yellow input box here in forum, I thought this was normal. Multiple accounts?

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

I get the same yellow input box here in forum, I thought this was normal. Multiple accounts?

Yep, lol. My fault. so busy this Monday. yellow input box because the magic fill function. It's normal~

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

Uhhhmmmmm, that second account does not exist   :mad: 

Edit: My second account is different than that of the one in MF.

but for me, my MSN account is same as my Microsoft account. You mean your MSN account is different with Microsoft account?

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

M$ bad request.png

M$ sign in.png

But it's also a magic fill bug. In MSN login page, magic fill information have problems and click "sign in" lead to "unable to complete request". must type account by manual way can log in. I think they will fix together. For magic fill, they're same problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 2:45 AM, tblu said:

same here for me. Still you can add a space to your username and the error disappears

Do you mean that the login is successful if the space is added?  I ask for clarification.

<<SL>>

3 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

Do you mean that the login is successful if the space is added?  I ask for clarification.

<<SL>>

the easy way to find out is to try it :wink:

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

8 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

You need to have some sort of keyboard input to remove the placeholder. So pressing space after being magic filled does that, or pressing any key before filling (if doing manually), or saving the email with an extra letter and then doing backspace once before enter, as I mentioned above.

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

You need to have some sort of keyboard input to remove the placeholder. So pressing space after being magic filled does that, or pressing any key before filling (if doing manually), or saving the email with an extra letter and then doing backspace once before enter, as I mentioned above.

That is exactly what I have experienced

Archived