V4.9.2.1000 - first impressions

I work almost exclusively with Google Bookmarks, so I have my favorites synchronized on mobile devices and desktop, but now with the new Maxthon there I can no longer be edited, so back off with him. I had installed him to clean Deinstalation. But if I can not click on the link to Google Bookmark "Rename", then I seek not continue only thing I did not like.

And v4.9.600 or "http://de.maxthon.com/"-Download function normally with rename GMarks. but only if one clicks on the link a few times with 600. MX-Mainsite-Downloaded Browser has normaly funtion but no Extra-Search-Field :( so what. The main thing right function. Regardless of the search fields

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2016 at 7:38 AM, Chantao said:

I work almost exclusively with Google Bookmarks, so I have my favorites synchronized on mobile devices and desktop, but now with the new Maxthon there I can no longer be edited, so back off with him. I had installed him to clean Deinstalation. But if I can not click on the link to Google Bookmark "Rename", then I seek not continue only thing I did not like.

And v4.9.600 or "http://de.maxthon.com/"-Download function normally with rename GMarks. but only if one clicks on the link a few times with 600. MX-Mainsite-Downloaded Browser has normaly funtion but no Extra-Search-Field :( so what. The main thing right function. Regardless of the search fields

I have no problem editing Google Bookmarks with M4.9.3.400.

31 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

hello, Chantao. sorry, can't clearly understand the word of "Google Bookmarks".

What kind of " Google Bookmarks " you want to edit? Could you give me a screenshot?

Thanks and looking forward to your feedback.

Well I will do it,BugMiss and here it comes :)

mxgbbmiss.png

9 minutes ago, PHYR said:

I have no problem editing Google Bookmarks with M4.9.3.400.

And I have no Problems if using "mx4.9.2.600-beta" but using "4.9.2.1000" I can click "rename" as much as I want: Nothing happens.

7 hours ago, Chantao said:

Windows 7 CPU 64 ? You mean this, BugMiss ?

Look new Picture: In this case "edit" and "remove" have normally function.

Zwischenablage01b.png

This is how it looks on my machine, I wasn't able to find a page that looked like your first image.

8 hours ago, PHYR said:

This is how it looks on my machine, I wasn't able to find a page that looked like your first image.

That's what I thought at first, but you don't get the Manage Labels option unless you have favourites with labels. Or at least that's why I couldn't make sense of it at first.

This is what I get when I go to that page and doing a rename:
boomarks.png

Tried on .com & .de, both work.

On 14/4/2016 at 9:38 PM, Chantao said:

But if I can not click on the link to Google Bookmark "Rename",

What exactly does that mean? Do you get an error? Does clicking not do anything? I think there's something changed on your system that's causing this. User agent/extension/ABP block list/some other option.

Are you using a passport account?

" Are you using a passport account? " Yes, I do 

" Do you get an error? Does clicking not do anything? " No Error - it does anything and listen:

With the "mx4.9.3.400-beta" it does what it should. If I were to install the 9.3.400 on the 09.02.1000 was all as it should. Maybe it's a brain teaser along the lines of: "I have to figure out what it is necessarily." But as important as that is not, dear friends, that there now have to think long about it. I'm used to improvise it in my life. as I said: If I have to rename something I go to the Chrome my wife. It is not so common.

On 2016/5/24 at 2:25 PM, Chantao said:

And I have no Problems if using "mx4.9.2.600-beta" but using "4.9.2.1000" I can click "rename" as much as I want: Nothing happens.

Hi, Chantao. I think, if it works well in  mx4.9.2.600-beta, it means the problem has been fixed...:)

16 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

No, Miss, to 4.9.2.600 beta it worked; it does not matter. It is so rare that I use the function. There are more important things. For example, would be a function beautifully, automatically translated into the language of the user, as in the Yandex, where I am in the www, when it has to fast times and I have no desire to improvise.

Some days I feel like this is specifically lacking and I'm a perfectionist, so I remembered that on with Gmarkthis (GMarks / Google Bookmarks). My favorite browser is the Mx and the "Game Child" (it's me the child in man) takes yandex or firefox to see if they once have something new to come up. BugMiss no longer worry about GMarks. Main thing is, you have thought of me, the user. Many THX

4 hours ago, Chantao said:

MEGA-THX at 7twenty: Not without login in Passport but:

switch browser core in retro brought "my" solution.

the only drawback: The font is double. But that can endure and I will still get out

Don't know why we have to bust our butts trying to figure these things out when a regular doesn't bother to give these details in the original post, like which mode are you using???

On 2016/5/25 at 5:24 PM, Chantao said:

No, Miss, to 4.9.2.600 beta it worked; it does not matter. It is so rare that I use the function. There are more important things. For example, would be a function beautifully, automatically translated into the language of the user, as in the Yandex, where I am in the www, when it has to fast times and I have no desire to improvise.

Some days I feel like this is specifically lacking and I'm a perfectionist, so I remembered that on with Gmarkthis (GMarks / Google Bookmarks). My favorite browser is the Mx and the "Game Child" (it's me the child in man) takes yandex or firefox to see if they once have something new to come up. BugMiss no longer worry about GMarks. Main thing is, you have thought of me, the user. Many THX

it worked well in 4.9.2.600, it may a new bug of 4.9.2.100. I can't test it. always can't open the website...I sent it to test team. If I get any feedback, I will contact you ASAP.

and how about it works in 4.9.3.400?

5 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

it worked well in 4.9.2.600, it may a new bug of 4.9.2.100. I can't test it. always can't open the website...I sent it to test team. If I get any feedback, I will contact you ASAP.

and how about it works in 4.9.3.400?

In  4.9.3.400 it does not work (for me), BugMiss. THX a lot.

19 hours ago, PHYR said:

Don't know why we have to bust our butts trying to figure these things out when a regular doesn't bother to give these details in the original post, like which mode are you using???

Normally I use the Ultra mode but have discovered the retro mode you can edit the label, even if the font shifts. Butts-busting need not necessarily be, simple solutions are often also good.

1 hour ago, Chantao said:

Normally I use the Ultra mode but have discovered the retro mode you can edit the label, even if the font shifts. Butts-busting need not necessarily be, simple solutions are often also good.

Good to see you found a workaround, but doesn't resolve the actual issue. Given that no one else can actually duplicate the problem it still seems that there is something on your side causing the problem.

On 25/5/2016 at 0:40 AM, Chantao said:

Not without login in Passport

I'm not sure exactly what that means, but i'm going to assume it meant you didn't bother testing without logging in to passport as requested.

Please don't disregard requests as it only causes your issues to take longer to resolve and wastes our time trying to figure out the problem.

For the Retro issue, make sure "Standard rendering in Retro mode" is enabled in settings. But figuring out why it isn't working in Ultra should be the first stop.

Quote 7twenty: " I'm not sure exactly what that means, but i'm going to assume it meant you didn't bother testing without logging in to passport as requested. "

I have uninstalled Maxthon clean and have installed him again only I have this time not logged in to Passport but tried it without using Passport, as you proposed it there.

And it was the same as always: I could not edit labels.I also have tried everything I on

have read. I also have all of your advice so followed, as described in this thread. Interestingly, I have Nitro now been installed and there also works the editing of labels.

I am already since Maxthon 2 here and it makes me a little sad that accused me that I'm wasting your time here or that you  have to bust your butts.

So, I do not care, then I use the next mx4.9.2.600-beta, since everything works for me just because BugMiss wrote that she forwards the task to the team. This is not necessarily, to the problem is not important enough. I always test all browser Maxthon, Opera, Vivaldi, Firefox, Chrome, Yandex and there is always something in each browser, which I criticize, but Maxthon is simple, fast, not so top-heavy like any other.

And the forum is good here really takes you some time, but I want to waste your time either. As I said, I'm used to improvising. I keep the MX, which can, what I want. It was then the 4.4.8.1000 and is now the 4.9.2.600, I am very satisfied.

Supplement: It is also such a thing: With all logins via LastPass it works only with Google I have to login again manually. The last Mx who worked there really was the "4.4.8.1000" for all who come after it no longer works. But no Problem, I improvise. Then I'll do it with copy and paste, I say 'nothing, so I do not claim your time and do not want to see, that you have to bust our butts.

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

I am already since Maxthon 2 here and it makes me a little sad that accused me that I'm wasting your time here or that you  have to bust your butts.

Apologies for that comment, didn't quite come out as expected. Just that there's many, many times where we get absolutely no information to try and resolve an issue, but are expected to come up with a fix. Then we offer advice and users seem to either ignore or disregard it, and when they finally get around to doing what was requested (1 month later), the issue is miraculously resolved. That's 1 month of them dealing with an issue that they didn't need to, and 1 month of us asking the same things or looking for other issues because something wasn't done.

I hope you can appreciate the annoyance that can be, especially when we see it every other day.

I'm happy to work through a problem to it's conclusion, but need the user to reciprocate and do all that is requested.

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

I also have tried everything I on Maxthon Troubleshooting & Tips and Tricks

So "10 / Test with Maxthon Portable" was done per the instructions and had the same issue? Along with the clean installs done, that would be highly unusual. There shouldn't be anything network (or even system) related that should cause the issue to manifest itself... meaning it's a settings issue... which doesn't make sense as portable/clean install should discount that.

If you try/have tried the portable version and the same happens, can you then delete any userdata (shouldn't be any apart from google sign in), zip up the folder, upload somewhere and link here. I'd be curious to know if that same install still has the issue on another PC. or if you can test that same version on another PC might be easier.

I have tested  with all portables above"mx4.9.2.600-beta" without login and with Passport.  I am not able to edit label from Google Bookmarks https://www.google.de/bookmarks/mark?op=editl&hl=de . 

I would like  "mx4.9.2.600-beta" also tested as portbale but the link for portable also goes to "mx4.9.2.600-beta.exe".

And after that all I've tested it on my Laptop, with the same Result.

3 hours ago, Chantao said:

would like  "mx4.9.2.600-beta" also tested as portbale but the link for portable also goes to "mx4.9.2.600-beta.exe".

http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/maxthon_portable_4.9.2.600-beta.7z

3 hours ago, Chantao said:

And after that all I've tested it on my Laptop, with the same Result.

Then if you can to the following it would be helpful:

11 hours ago, 7twenty said:

If you try/have tried the portable version and the same happens, can you then delete any userdata (shouldn't be any apart from google sign in), zip up the folder, upload somewhere and link here. I'd be curious to know if that same install still has the issue on another PC.

In this message NTZPHYR mentioned that he does not have any problem on www.google.com.  You  are using www.google.de, a differentr website which may have its own problems.   Heve you tried setting up some test bookmarks on www.google.com to see if you encounter they same problem on not?  I don't think there any need to sset up a lot of bokmarks, just a half dozen or so. for the test.

And one more question, you are using UTF-8 encoding right?

<<SL>>

Archived