When are the skins going to be enabled for Maxthon Cloud broswer?

This guy

Yes, skins are already enabled.

Sidebar - was capable of being moved to desktop pinning, via the MxDock, but it was removed, you can still have the MxDock from previous versions though. If you want to move it to the left, right, or so on, sides, then sorry, not possible yet.

This can be a suggestion though.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-5-2 05:54 back.gif

Sidebar - was capable of being moved to desktop pinning, via the Mx ...

skins are a joke - change a few colours - if thats as far as its going then why bother

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2013-5-2 07:52 back.gif

the problem

1 - it should not be needed - MX3 had a workable system and we are told 4 is just 3 ...

regardless, it still works. and if you download portable, NOT EVERY time is the ui.dat file tweaked by the dev team, so you'd just need to replace it with the previous modded version's file -- that's it. it takes a simple delete, drag/drop.

Life's not always easy, but nothing is, in the end. You have to figure things out on your own at times, and congrats, you've done that - so why not use it then? Why not reap the benefits of your modding adventure? If you don't plan to use it, was there really any point to make/find/do it?

cooltext.png

tony. replied at 2013-5-2 08:04 back.gif

what?? - my comment is aimed at those who ask for skins - i have never used the supplied skin - i ...

I had meant why not use YOUR mod.

But this is becoming.....pretty off-topic....please....yes, it's about skins, but no, it's not about argument over why or why you shouldn't or should use skins or a mod.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-5-2 08:13 back.gif

I had meant why not use YOUR mod.

But this is becoming.....pretty off-topic....please....yes, it' ...

it's about skins, yes, but it's not about whether or not they are implemented...not answering the original poster's question.....nevermind...

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-5-2 05:54 back.gif

Sidebar - was capable of being moved to desktop pinning, via the Mx ...

How do I get the skins? It tells me they aren't available for the cloud browser

Little help please?

A Terrifying Ghost replied at 2013-5-2 13:15 back.gif

Can you link it? Having a little trouble finding it...

They are not "skins" as they were in Maxthon 3. They are more like "themes". You can change the color, add your own image or select a pre-loaded image and you can also select to have the tabs on top or under the Favorites Bar. They are available in the latest version of Maxthon Cloud Browser (also referred to as Maxthon 4) which can be downloaded from here: http://dl.maxthon.com/mx4/mx4.0.6.1900-beta.exe

1544 1545

post-530616-14315106590745_thumb.png

post-530616-14315106593053_thumb.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2013-5-3 05:20 back.gif

You are very welcome. How do you like them?

They're nice!

Bring out a fresh look to Maxthon, big improvement

But any idea when the Maxthon 3 Skins will be available for the cloud browser?

A Terrifying Ghost replied at 2013-5-3 05:58 back.gif

They're nice!

Bring out a fresh look to Maxthon, big improvement

That's a real good question and I don't know if anyone right now knows that answer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

A Terrifying Ghost replied at 2013-5-3 06:21 back.gif

Ah

Well thanks anyway!

How long do you think?

Skin like this current, very simple (theme), getting to be simplistic, it took four months, the former SKIN much more complex, time estimates even seem bleak. Would not surprise me somewhere between 6 months to 1 year:lol

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Community,

Either there are no Skins or I cannot find the page providing M4 Skins. >.<

It's been a while since Maxthon 4 has gone on "Air".... what's the reason for the lack of themes/skins? Anyone got an idea?

I mean, by now we can change our background, but that's ....just not enough.

Hopefully there is someone, who knows more than me. ^_^

Thanks in advance for any contribution to this thread Topic!

Let me quote No.1MaxthonFans post:

That's a real good question and I don't know if anyone right now knows that answer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Thread: http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1831&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D8&page=2

Even Global Moderators do not have any idea what the Mteam's up to, do they? A rhetoric question.... Very well. :L

The Beta versions is supposed to give the user the ability to re-skin Maxthon using M3 skins? If that's the case, I do not even need to bother, as I like the new Interface a lot.

It'd be nice to see skins for M-cloudbrowser. I mean, themes are just not the same. >.<

Archived