Login through HTTP proxy with auth

i can not login through HTTP proxy with authentication, the browsing itself pops password dialog and then browse ok, but the login won't pop up the dialog nor login with the remembered password stored during browsing

edit: on the 4.9.2.x branch

On 2016/3/21 下午4:00:24, WarDeN said:

i can not login through HTTP proxy with authentication, the browsing itself pops password dialog and then browse ok, but the login won't pop up the dialog nor login with the remembered password stored during browsing

edit: on the 4.9.2.x branch

could you give me the website link with problem? and some error screenshot, please.

On 2016/3/24 上午12:15:06, WarDeN said:

its not about login into some webpage...

i cant login into maxthon account (browser) if im using passworded http proxy, the browsing itself have no problems at all

MaxthonSnap20160323171353.png

which operating system version and the detail Maxthon browser version you use? Iwill let our test team to test this problem~ Thanks very much.

huh !? .. okay i say it again ... it is NOT about any webpage, it is NOT account problem

did you even check the screenshot i posted ? left top corner ? straight up "cannot connect to the internet. switching to offline mode" yet you can see on the background the browsing itself works through the same http proxy with auth., although it asks for name and password on opening first page for no reason as it is already filled in proxy settings ....

my.maxthon.com is the site that the browser login connects to for passport data. If the browser login isn't connecting for some reason, then you should also get the same error when trying to connect by browsing to my.maxthon.com.

See what happens when trying to login directly via that site and provide any error details.

i can login on my.maxthon.com without problems, obviously, because i already said the browsing part have no problems ...

the problem is, the login part of maxthon is not passing the credentials to the proxy, meaning the proxy wont allow the connection hence the "cannot connect to the internet. switching to offline mode" message

if i disable the password on the proxy it connects ok

17 hours ago, WarDeN said:

i can login on my.maxthon.com without problems, obviously, because i already said the browsing part have no problems ...

the problem is, the login part of maxthon is not passing the credentials to the proxy, meaning the proxy wont allow the connection hence the "cannot connect to the internet. switching to offline mode" message

if i disable the password on the proxy it connects ok

Thanks, WarDeN. So sorry answer you till now. I just come back from a long weekend. I transferred those information to our test team this morning. I think it should be a bug. We will fix it soon ~ Thanks you help me to test it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any news on this? Problem still continue to exist. Tried also with a fresh install, and also on that, not able to login to my account. On the login mask, it says error 10404.

Also, my homepage is google.it, and when start the browser, it ask for my proxy username and password (either if already set on the proxy setting). If on that mask i set the save password, magic fill save it as a login for my homepage, google...

On 2016/5/9 at 3:37 PM, Ices_Eyes said:

Any news on this? Problem still continue to exist. Tried also with a fresh install, and also on that, not able to login to my account. On the login mask, it says error 10404.

Also, my homepage is google.it, and when start the browser, it ask for my proxy username and password (either if already set on the proxy setting). If on that mask i set the save password, magic fill save it as a login for my homepage, google...

strange... It seems be fixed. we tested it.

Error 10404 usually is a proxy or operator problem, for example the proxy or operator can't support this service.

how about change DNS to  8.8.8.8, and have a try

1 hour ago, Ices_Eyes said:

Cannot connect to the internet with the google dns. My comapny does not let us to do this :)

I can't log to my passport at work either because the company blocks it, but it's not a maxthon issue.

sigmax2.png

Archived