new MAXTHON 4.9.1.1000 is Garbage

Ive been using Maxthon browser for a long time and Its pretty much the only browser I use for everything and Its great but recently when I was using version 4.4.8.1000 and had no problems at all then a pop up said there was a update for version 4.4.8.2000 and I went ahead and installed it and right away I could tell it just wasn't working right,I stuck with it for a day or 2 then I went to Maxthons download main page and seen there was already a new one out the 4.9.1.1000 and tried that and it was even worse,complete garbage,It would have helped if they listed it as a BETA version first near the download button,I uninstalled that junk and went back to 4.4.8.1000 and Its back running smooth again,something just aint right with that 4.4.8.2000 either,I hope Maxthon gets their stuff together soon with the official new versions,a browser on the rise that is still in BETA mode is Vivaldi,people should check it out once the official version is complete

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments and really sorry for any inconveniences you may have encountered.

In order to help you efficiently please give us more specific details on any problem you are having with the current version. What do you think is not working fine comprared to previous versions? Your feedback will help us to quickly identify the problem and find a quick solution. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

OK well I had to switch to the download on Maxthons main website of version 4.9.2.1000,I havent tried that one out yet until now,I stopped using all those other newer Beta versions also after they didnt work good at all playing my online WGT Golf game,the golf power meter was jumpy and laggy,unplayable,the only version that worked good there for me was version 4.4.8.2000 which I have been happy with up until 4 days ago when Maxthons homepage basically stopped working for half the day,Its like they were doing changes to it or something,maintenance and you couldnt even type in the main Google search bar wouldnt search,later that day after many hours passed the homepage worked again and I could tell there were changes to it,since then 3-4 days have passed and the browser crashes constantly and goes into the blue circle spins,then pops back normal after 30 seconds and works again,I had no choice but to test out this other version 4.9.2.1000,my Question is...Is version 4.9.2.1000 an official version or Beta ?

Try the portable version of 4.9.3.100 its better than 4.9.2.1000. 4.9.2.1000 is the official "stable" release of 4.9. All of the 4.9 series are effectively betas. I keep and use a  copy of 4.4.8.2000 and whatever the latest beta is. 4.9 is steadily improving and getting back to what 4.4 is. Just give it time.

1 hour ago, THRASHER69 said:

OK well I had to switch to the download on Maxthons main website of version 4.9.2.1000,I havent tried that one out yet until now,I stopped using all those other newer Beta versions also after they didnt work good at all playing my online WGT Golf game,the golf power meter was jumpy and laggy,unplayable,the only version that worked good there for me was version 4.4.8.2000 which I have been happy with up until 4 days ago when Maxthons homepage basically stopped working for half the day,Its like they were doing changes to it or something,maintenance and you couldnt even type in the main Google search bar wouldnt search,later that day after many hours passed the homepage worked again and I could tell there were changes to it,since then 3-4 days have passed and the browser crashes constantly and goes into the blue circle spins,then pops back normal after 30 seconds and works again,I had no choice but to test out this other version 4.9.2.1000,my Question is...Is version 4.9.2.1000 an official version or Beta ?

Same for me, all the animations are so slow. In general everything is slow and laggy on the new version. 

Agree with you on the slow and laggy especially going back to previously read tab tabs (they're always white and need to be refreshed all the time:- probably something to do with lazy tab loading and or hibernating tabs) and the Favorites opened from the side bar and the Favorites Manager are very slow to populate. Favorites opened from the yellow star icon on the favorites bar work fine though. Remember the code still hasn't been finished or optimised yet.

4 hours ago, Magdalene said:

especially going back to previously read tab tabs (they're always white and need to be refreshed all the time:-

I agree that there's a very slight delay in displaying a page after clicking on a tab, but i've never had it display as white and refresh on me?!

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I agree that there's a very slight delay in displaying a page after clicking on a tab, but i've never had it display as white and refresh on me?!

same here, never had a blank page but I need to refresh sometimes because of missing pictures

sigmax2.png

Open about 15 links from this site http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Carmel-Valley_CA/type-single-family-home,farms-ranches/sby-1?ncs=20970,68633,58270 by clicking on "View details" let them all load then click and view one tab and then without closing it click and view another tab. I always get several seconds of white tab while it reloads. With 4.4 series reloading was instantaneous.

41 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

Open about 15 links from this site http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Carmel-Valley_CA/type-single-family-home,farms-ranches/sby-1?ncs=20970,68633,58270 by clicking on "View details" let them all load then click and view one tab and then without closing it click and view another tab. I always get several seconds of white tab while it reloads. With 4.4 series reloading was instantaneous.

loads instantaneously here 4.9.3.200 (clean install, AB+ on, and several extensions)extes.thumb.png.2bfaedc7458ed9d49d7d7b32

sigmax2.png

Im trying the 4.9.3.100 version now that Magdelene said is better,I couldnt figure out how to open the portable version on my laptop,so I did the installer,one thing I noticed on the 4.9.2.1000 version on the Maxthon main page download was on the site fubar I went to take a quick photo using my laptop webcam and the live cam stream freezes,it will let you snap a pic but it pauses every 15-20 seconds inbetween and you cant even see in real time on the cam,I havent tested WGT Golf game with this new Beta version yet or with the 4.9.2.1000,I tested the other 4.9 betas there before and they were unplayable with the golf power swing meter,only version 4.4.8.2000 works good there but 4.4.8.2000 is basically unusable now as my browser,It freezes and lags,blue circle spins constantly when searching or going back to homepage,that all started last Thursday 6 days ago after it seemed Maxthon was tinkering with some sort of maintenance on it that day,because the homepage was down not working right,It wasnt just my computer it was my brothers also was doing the same thing,It was working perfect before that day,I have no problem with 4.9.2.1000 or this new 4.9.3.100 as a search browser,I just dont like how the webcam doesnt work right,and if Its anything like those other 4.9's WGT Golf wont work good either Im guessing,I will test WGT today,I just tested fubar cam again on 4.9.3.100,same as all the other 4.9's,lags and doesnt stream well,if WGT doesnt work good Its time to find a new browser,these 4.9's Betas have been nothing but problems,and to go changing 4.4.8.2000 the otherday doesnt help matters lol

and another thing,what other browser makes you have to go into the Maxthon files and the Flashplayer files and have to change stuff in the files to update the pepperflash manually to the newset version everytime,thats Mickey Mouse lol

WGT Golf game doesnt work good with version 4.9.3.100 either,I just tested it and even though the meter is a little smoother than before than the other 4.9's versions it swings late almost everytime on keeping the shot straight,unplayable,the only version I havent tried there yet is 4.9.2.1000,I'll test it tomorrow,if that fails Im going to keep version 4.4.8.2000 for WGT Golf game only and use another search browser to surf the web,4.4.8.2000 is unreliable to use for web browsing now,and the 4.9's are unreliable in the golf game and webcam,videos lag a little also on movie streams and youtube still

4 hours ago, THRASHER69 said:

WGT Golf game doesnt work good with version 4.9.3.100 either,I just tested it and even though the meter is a little smoother than before than the other 4.9's versions it swings late almost everytime on keeping the shot straight,unplayable,the only version I havent tried there yet is 4.9.2.1000,I'll test it tomorrow,if that fails Im going to keep version 4.4.8.2000 for WGT Golf game only and use another search browser to surf the web,4.4.8.2000 is unreliable to use for web browsing now,and the 4.9's are unreliable in the golf game and webcam,videos lag a little also on movie streams and youtube still

let's summarize :

4.9 branch :

• issues with webcam (lags and freezes)
  • WGT Golf game is unplayable
  • youtube video lags

4.4.8 branch : unreliable to use for web browsing

and you don't like the way you have to manually update flash dll

sigmax2.png

4 hours ago, -ody- said:

let's summarize :

4.9 branch :

• youtube video lags

Thanks, Ody, for the summary.   <<SL>>

yeah Ody thats pretty much the issues I found,I got a new browser for the golf game,Im using the 4.9.3.100 version of Maxthon as my main search browser,movies stream good on it like Putlocker and Solar Movies sites,Its mainly youtube is choppy and the webcam freezes 

On 5/4/2016 at 10:57 PM, -ody- said:

let's summarize :

4.9 branch :

• youtube video lags

I still have many issues on the browser taking a long time to poulate anything. Animations are still very choppy. I wouldn't go back to 4.8 becuase that brower can't render webpages properly. 

Archived