Skin Maxthon3 in Maxthon 4

Adminspb

8 hours ago, Adminspb said:

a4a65ee06cc8.jpg
Good afternoon!
I very much want to in maxthon 4 can be installed from the skin Maxthon 3 (Modern)
Please tell me - how to convert it to 4 Maxthon?

Look on Chinese forum. There are many skins for MX4. 
I saw Modern for MX4 on Twitter extension screenshots. Is this your Modern skin?
And there is extension with link to skins sources.

9 hours ago, Adminspb said:

a4a65ee06cc8.jpgGood afternoon!
I very much want to in maxthon 4 can be installed from the skin Maxthon 3 (Modern)
Please tell me - how to convert it to 4 Maxthon?

Credits : @Yoyoako

Read this http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19052-creating-skins-for-49/

Yoyoako MX3 Modern V4.4.7.mxskin

Yoyoako MX3 Modern V444600beta.mxskin

13 hours ago, m▲gg said:

Thanks!

I deleted Maxton. Maxton reinstalled again.
When you double-click on the file, the skin is not installed, open the file manager window downloads. Tell me how to solve this problem.
Other skins, too, can not be established by means of a double click on the file.

Skin is attached to the issue.

Yoyoako MX3 Modern V4.4.7.mxskin

which version of 4 are you using - if its the 4.9 branch then skins are not supported yet - they can work but not in the normal way - a search would help you get it working

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

some help in this thread

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/19052-creating-skins-for-49/

will 4.9 supports skins - who knows - they have never been interseted in skins or seems not so what we have worked out may be all there is - the method works and there are a few 'skins' that have already been converted - not sure if the one you want is - its not a big job especially if it works well in 4.4

7 hours ago, Adminspb said:

What is its structure?

If you know HTML/CSS then you'll quickly figure it out once you extract the file. If not, then unless you want to spend some time doing changes and seeing what happens, then it may not be worth the effort. Possibly best to wait till/if someone updates one for use with MX4.9.

I did try to transfer the MX3 skin, but ran into issues with the avatar button top left. I gave up after that and instead just went to making the menu button go on the left instead of right.

MX4.9 needs the entire skin in the 0.dat file to function, unlike previous version where only the modified files are needed in the .mxskin file.

So you'll need modify an MX4.9 skin with the files from the MX3 skin that you want, and then need to ensure that everything works, as it probably won't due to some changes.

The simplest method is to extract the mx4 0.dat file then merge the mx3 skin files into that folder, only updating the files with the MX3 you require. But that won't work as there's quite a few differences in some files that need to be added as well.

As i said above, unless you know HTML/CSS and have the time, it's not a case of just of adding a few files to make it work properly.

9 hours ago, 7twenty said:

MX4.9 needs the entire skin in the 0.dat file to function, unlike previous version where only the modified files are needed in the .mxskin file.

So you'll need modify an MX4.9 skin with the files from the MX3 skin that you want, and then need to ensure that everything works, as it probably won't due to some changes.

The simplest method is to extract the mx4 0.dat file then merge the mx3 skin files into that folder, only updating the files with the MX3 you require. But that won't work as there's quite a few differences in some files that need to be added as well.

As i said above, unless you know HTML/CSS and have the time, it's not a case of just of adding a few files to make it work properly.

Good afternoon.
I know html & css, but I do not understand - how to take 0.dat and how to decode it? Where is he (0.dat) is on my PC?

On Wed Mar 09 2016 20:25:34 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard, Tony said:

0.dat in in the main maxthon dir - you have to unpack it using the packers here

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/15972-maxthon-34-skin-sdk-v1117-english-version/

you would also need to unpack the mxskin file you want to add

• Like 1