Gmail login and magicfill 2

HELP !!!

from this link today no longer allows the old login .... always return to the newgoogle login with two screens

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=grandcentral&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/

This link was posted by "Fatman" topic in the "Gmail login and magicfill"

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/14995-gmail-login-and-magicfill/&page=2#comment-85961

Nothing works - The new logon process implemented by Google doesn't work anymore with Magic fill. Thanks to your developers for their support to find a way to get it working (seems Google doing everything possible to convert users to Chrome)! Thanks again for your support.

7 hours ago, colargol said:

Nothing works - The new logon process implemented by Google doesn't work anymore with Magic fill. Thanks to your developers for their support to find a way to get it working (seems Google doing everything possible to convert users to Chrome)! Thanks again for your support.

I've madeit work in 4.9 series.  I have two MagicFill entries for Google login.  The first one stores the email address; the second stores the password.  I use right-click > Fill Form.  It's not so automatic, but has worked for me.  [Unless they've changed the process again since I logged in.]

<<SL>>

5 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

I've madeit work in 4.9 series.  I have two MagicFill entries for Google login.  The first one stores the email address; the second stores the password.  I use right-click > Fill Form.  It's not so automatic, but has worked for me.  [Unless they've changed the process again since I logged in.]

<<SL>>

I've been doing this a long time, I could've posted how to do it if I noticed the post sorry.

You can actually double click on the box and the forms will appear, or use Alt+Q combination but it uses the form that is added last in the site.

1 hour ago, DARKSTORM said:

I've been doing this a long time, I could've posted how to do it if I noticed the post sorry.

You can actually double click on the box and the forms will appear, or use Alt+Q combination but it uses the form that is added last in the site.

I've just checked my Google account and I was automatically signed in.  Then  I noted an item about a 2-step sign-in process.  It's advertised as providing more ssecurity.  But the firm indicates 2-step sign-in is OFF for my account.

On closser reading this two-step process is (1) log-in with user email and password; (2) Google sends a one-use code to your phooe; (3) enter the one-sue code to complete login.  It is more secure since it implements the idea that you must enter something you know and use something you have.  It's similar to the two-factor authentification used at work.

There was a time when it wasn't yet this developed and I signed in with 2 pages and saved the MagicFill entries for the two forms.  But my sign-in to Google now is remembering me without the 2-step.  So, if you have single step sign-in, don't change it without considering whether you really want to.

<<SL>>

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks SnowLeopard for your support. As you said, less convenient but it works. When, like me, having five e-mail accounts on G-mail, it then requires to rename the form in the Magic Fill list to identify what is what. Whatsoever, not too much anything else we can do. Have a great day. Patrick

On Sat Feb 27 2016 23:34:22 GMT+0100 (W. Europe Standard, SnowLeopard said:

I've just checked my Google account and I was automatically signed in.  Then  I noted an item about a 2-step sign-in process.  It's advertised as providing more ssecurity.  But the firm indicates 2-step sign-in is OFF for my account.

On closser reading this two-step process is (1) log-in with user email and password; (2) Google sends a one-use code to your phooe; (3) enter the one-sue code to complete login.  It is more secure since it implements the idea that you must enter something you know and use something you have.  It's similar to the two-factor authentification used at work.

There was a time when it wasn't yet this developed and I signed in with 2 pages and saved the MagicFill entries for the two forms.  But my sign-in to Google now is remembering me without the 2-step.  So, if you have single step sign-in, don't change it without considering whether you really want to.

<<SL>>

Long process but it works anyway - Only one question, in the Magic Fill setting list, for the G-mail login, it is not possible to show password (when clicking on "show password." The only way is to use the "Edit" mode. Beside that, the fix helps very much. Thanks again.

Archived