Twitch channels arent loading for me

Brownhash

This is weird. Came across the same the other day. Works fine in Retro mode though. So it is still accessible in MX.

I can go to twitch.tv no problem. But any link on that page or directly linked as noted in the OP just gets me a dark grey page with the twitch logo in the middle.

Not an ABP or UA issue. Just odd that others are having no issue.

Will need to look into this further. 

@joemax What's your UA?

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

This is weird. Came across the same the other day. Works fine in Retro mode though. So it is still accessible in MX.

I can go to twitch.tv no problem. But any link on that page or directly linked as noted in the OP just gets me a dark grey page with the twitch logo in the middle.

Not an ABP or UA issue. Just odd that others are having no issue.

Will need to look into this further. 

@joemax What's your UA?

I think I'm using M$ Edge UA.  Mx4.4.8.1000 ultra mode

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/46.0.2486.0 Safari/537.36 Edge/13.10586

Edit: Well I've delved into it a little further and you are right, I can't access anything other then the video on the main page. What's more in retro I can't see the video(FP21.0.0.44xx) but all other aspects of the pages run fine.

EDIT: Updated to 4.9 and everything is working now. EVEN Amazon Prime now, which hasn't been working in Maxthon for a long while! 

Double EDIT!: Amazon prime doesn't work in "ultra" or webkit. Only works when running Retro/Trident. When I attempt to play a video through webkit it says I need to update google Chrome lol.

27 minutes ago, 12851798 said:

EDIT: Updated to 4.9 and everything is working now. EVEN Amazon Prime now, which hasn't been working in Maxthon for a long while! 

Double EDIT!: Amazon prime doesn't work in "ultra" or webkit. Only works when running Retro/Trident. When I attempt to play a video through webkit it says I need to update google Chrome lol.

Maybe an update of your User Agent in advanced settings would help. There is a new UA available here in the forum someplace.

I just want to confirm that V4.4.8.1000 is unable to load any Twitch page but the main page.
This all happened since Twitch integrated their new whisper 2.0 system. Which is basically a new tiny window where your whispers go. 

Sadly the 4.4.8.100 Maxthon somehow doesn't support it with Ultra core. And with retro core the streams themselves won't load. 

I can confirm that the V4.9.0.2200 beta version is able to load Twitch again and faster than ever before.

-Mrbysco

I got the same behaviour of v4.4.8.1000. Game directories and channels give you the grey screen, but the stream on the frontpage works. You can also watch a stream using the popout feature (e.g. twitch.tv/streamname/popout).

With V4.9.0.2200 twitch is working, however, connecting to a SOCKS5 proxy with authentication doesn't work anymore. Due to bad peering/routing of my ISP, I can't watch most of the streams without a proxy. Maxthon was the only browser that supported SOCKS5 authentication, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

hello, last 2/3 days i couldn't access twitch.tv/channel     just twitch.tv seems to work fine but when i try to browse games or go directly to a channel  i get a black screen with twitch logo in the middle .. please help me fix this coz i dont wanna use other browsers x) 

Screenshot_1.png

2 minutes ago, CP12 said:

i have read that but i couldnt figure out how to get to the update through the browser  should i just redoawnload ? 

Download it from here http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/18231-new-generation-maxthon-browser-for-windows-v4902200-beta-released/#comment-94449.

Use portable version or perform clean installation to avoid possible issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's recommending changing the user agent to get Amazon Video and other services to work. I've updated the UA string in mine to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2228.0 Safari/537.36" - the latest UA for Chrome, and Amazon Videos still won't play. But instead of an "Upgrade your browser" error I get a "Video unavailable error". 

Clearly this is an issue with Maxthon's engine, not simply a matter of the UA being used.

Untitled.png

Archived