V4.9.0.2200 Beta - the first Errors

Chantao

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did you need to install the old version first? Why not just install the new version clean and then log into your account? This would be the proper way to install Mx4.9.

BTW, A clean install is ALWAYS recommended, and especially so with a major build update!

Because the new version doesnt import new bookmarks from another browser.  When I open Favorite manager is there only a blank screen. So, it can not see any favorites. The Import and Export feature is not working. And so I'm just left the detour, the new uninstall again, then the old reinstall import Favorites from a html file and then install the new one.

29 minutes ago, Chantao said:

Well, the same, but only whitout Function. respectively without function of organize favorites.

What can't be organized????? It has the same functionality to organize as the old version did, unless you felt the old version is inadequate???

Clipboard04.jpg

So I'm now even uninstall cleanly. I wanted to avoid, because all my search engines are gone. :( If everything is ok, then MX is again my favorite;)

---------------

LastPass does not yet correct, but does not do it the "old". My search engines are all available, though I have uninstalled cleanly. But they are indeed likely in the Pfofil cloud.

Can't change background image to one of your choice in Portable version. Can only use one of the supplied images. Works fine in .exe version

No "External Tools" icon or Download icon  on Tool Bar (either version).

Missing lots of Icons and Data on Status Bar. Download/Upload speed, IP number, Split Screen, Memory used, Mute button etc.

about:gpu doesn't work.

Save as Favorites doesn't remember previous saved place/Folder. Always wants to save to Favorites

Good things are less "you are using outdated browser" type messages and Mute buttons on individual tabs.:top:

Dev's do something!

A lot of features were gone more than the given missing features :rules:. I'll revert back to previous version until a new version is up.

Temporarily missing features:
-Third party download tool support
-Cloud Tabs
-Force to specify page font 
-Split screen
-Night mode
-Skin switch (Not missing?)

• Search bar is missing and mannually added Search engines don't work on Search app in new tab. Maxthon Settings/General/Default search engine is useless without the search bar.
  • Data usage meter? (Upload/Download speed) is also missing. I have a weak internet connection and I want to check my internet speed.

Installed the app in a while now, It really opens fast but there seems to be a bug that the page flashes and stays on the same page if clicked on a link.

You go the a site you've added in your new tab and it will load but it stays on the same page(New Tab). In my case, I tried to go to Google.

2 hours ago, DARKSTORM said:

Dev's do something!

A lot of features were gone more than the given missing features :rules:. I'll revert back to previous version until a new version is up.

• Search bar is missing and Search engines don't work on Search app in new tab. Maxthon Settings/General/Default search engine is useless without th search bar.
  • Data usage meter? (Upload/Download speed) is also missing. I have a weak internet connection and I want to check my internet speed.

Installed the app in a while now, It really opens fast but there seems to be a bug that the page flashes and stays on the same page if clicked on a link.

You go the a site you've added in your new tab and it will load but it stays on the same page(New Tab). In my case, I tried to go to Google.

How does the search from the address bar not work? There is no issue with setting default search to work from address bar.

Edit: Amd yeah, we've been complaining about the lack of meters on the status bar

aaa.png

Archived