Failing to download "lastpass" extension

mark40511

I'm new to this browser. I recently started using it because for whatever reason, flash player plugin keeps crashing on chrome, firefox, so I thought I would try this browser and flash seems to not be crashing at all using this browser. However, I went to extensions and searched for lastpass which is my password manager that I need desperately, and it will NOT download. It gets to around 2% and hangs for a bit then says "failed to download" with no resolution offered. I tried this yesterday and today (24 hours later) same thing. Please help

thanks

Thanks- Ironically I just tried again before I read your reply and it downloaded fast and normal and I installed it....I see it on the side bar but when I log in lastpass turns red quickly (which means you're logged in) then it turns grey. It won't stay logged in.

After several attempts on 3 computers using Maxthon browser and downloading/installing lastpass extension, I've determined it does not work. I've successfully installed it thanks to your link in this browser on 3 computers. I uninstalled the original I finally was able to download and tried the link you posted, and still you can not log into lastpass. It briefly logs you in and the icon turns from grey to red, (red meaning logged in) and then in a split second, it turns grey again, no matter how many times you try to log in....It doesn't do this on my other browsers, so I'm assuming it's a browser problem and not a lastpass problem. I dunno.

• 4 weeks later...

Good day, sirs.

1str of all, Maxthon plugin at addons site a bit outdated. Addons site has only 3.2.17 version, but I'm using 3.2.41 version. Support team of LastPass is blaming on slow process of submiting extensions to Maxthon. I will post a link to fresh version if it will be allowed here.

2nd, mark4051, your problem related to your password. I faced exactly the same problem after I changed my LastPass's master password. After about 1.5 months of investigation I changed my master password again (with a tip from support team). And it began and is still working.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I agree with other users here in this forum, this morning I clicked on the download link in maggs post,the download started/finished...but when I tried to install it I received a prompt that informed me that there wasn't any program to open that kind of file. Maxthon isn't very useful to me without being able to use the LastPass extension.Davidv

Edited by Davy49

Hi joemax,

So while using the maxthon browser,the lastpass addon doesn't function like it does with say...the firefox or dolphin browser ? That seems like a step backwards in the operation of this browser.....David

I just tried the logging into the lastpass website method that's suggested here in the forum, that still doesn't seem to correct my issue with being able to use lastpass with the maxthon browser. :-( 

Edited by Davy49

• 2 months later...

Ough! So sad to see this gap inbetween version on the Extensions' page and real version of LastPass for Maxthon. LP 3.2.17 is outdated version. Last version of LP3 installed in my system was 3.2.41 version. And now I use LP4 - 4.0.6 version.

For example, problem reported by Davy49, solved already.

Is there any way to speedup the process of submiting new versions of extensions?