Help!!! Urgent!!!! About magic fill of Maxthon

Hello there ,
Thank you for liking and contacting Maxthon.
For the Magic fill backup, you can find your Magic fill data under %appdata%\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\Your email address\backup\magicfill

Move MX-xxx-xxx-xx.mxbackup to %appdata%\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\Your email address\backup\magicfill\MagicFill

Rename MX-xxx-xxx-xx.mxbackup -> MagicFill2.dat

Thank you again for your support of Maxthon products!
Have a nice day!

Actually, I dont understand your tips clearly. Can you explain more or show me step by step how to restore. In your guide, how to find my magic fill? where is it? I tried to access to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming but there is not existance of Maxthon's folder. Thanks!

Actually, I dont understand your tips clearly. Can you explain more or show me step by step how to restore. In your guide, how to find my magic fill? where is it? I tried to access to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming but there is not existance of Maxthon's folder. Thanks!

First, how about trying your regular user folder, not the Admin account.  I suggest this assuming you do not run as admin  in normal browsing or other uses.

Second, remember you want to find "Maxthon3" not "Maxthon".  I assume you would ask questions if you expected one but saw the other.

Third, are you using the installer version or the portable version?  The portable version won't have its user data at the location BugMiss006 identified.  It will be in the *\<MaxthonPortable_folder>\UserData\Users\<Your email address>\backup\magicfill.  And you are looking for a sequence of filenames of the form "MF-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.mxbackup".

Copy the most recent or the last one before your kid played around and paste it into

<MaxthonPortable_folder>\UserData\Users|<Your email address>\MagicFill\

Then rename the file to "MagicFill2.dat".

Note I had to make a correction in the destination folder path from BugMiss006's instructions. 

Here's a screenshot of "My email address" folder.  

post-159826-0-41060300-1440350401_thumb.

The green outlined folder is the backup folder in which the *.mxbackup files will be found inside the ":magicfill" folder.  The red outlined folder, MagicFill, is the destination for the copied *.mxbackup file.  Then rename the *.mxbackup file as instructed above.

Archived