Unable to disable Adblock

R3gi

Hello,

I am experiencing quite interesting problem with Adblock. I can't disable it. The button simply doesn't react and/or it displays a number in "block content on this site" (with just my test site opened), even if it's turned off. It is blocking content even if it was disabled in Extensions. I hope it's because I am running HTML file from my local HDD - the URL is "file:///C:/Users/Zugi/Desktop/AdblockTest/OpenMe.html".

I tried to write a simple adblock detection script, so you can test it yourself (just download the attached ZIP archive and unpack it to your desktop and click "OpenMe.html). I hope the script is working fine since in IE it works as expected and the basic is almost the same as here.

Tested on Maxthon v4.4.7.1000 Portable and v4.4.6.2000 Portable and in latest IE11.

Can someone confirm this issue? Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks

AdblockTest.zip

Link to site works as it should.

Your test file:
ABP on >> adsense.js not found -> Adblock is active

Trying to disable using the 'block ads on website' or 'block popups' menu options doesn't work. They just re-enable again, giving you the above output.

Disabling using the checkbox in ABP settings >> Advertisement is displayed -> Adblock doesn't work

Disabling by unchecking the box in the Extensions manager >> Advertisement is displayed -> Adblock doesn't work

Thank you @7twenty :)

Hmm, today disabling ADB in Extensions work as expected, strange. So at least using the 'block ads on website' or 'block popups' menu options doesn't work. Also the option "Block popups on this site" seems to not work...

Archived