Videos performance problem in 60fps

When running a video with maxthon in 60fps, for example in youtube, the video does not ran at all at 60fps and instead the fps fluctuates between high and low framerate. This is a problem  that has happening since a long time ago but i have never seen any message addressing this problem. Does anyone know why?

I've experimented with 2 different pc's with the same performance problems.

yes, i have same problem as you..

however i found a way to fix it..

use retro mode to fix it..

I still have the same problems with retro mode and also, in retro mode fullscreen isnt fullscreen either.

Also, with the new browser microsoft edge or chrome i can see the 60fps videos without a problem

Edit: I've now also tried Maxthon Nitro and aparently it works perfectly fine windowed and fullscreen, no issues. Maybe it has to do something about h.264 codec? Because Nitro dosn't says it has that

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Maxthon is the best web browser ever, but it seems to have a problem with youtube. looks like it has a compatibility issues, videos lags too much, and 1080p 60fps videos does not goes as they suppose. Does anybody else has the same problem or it is just me?. Please Maxthon team, I don't wanna keep using others web browsers to go to youtube.

Hello. Maxthon is the best web browser ever, but it seems to have a problem with youtube. looks like it has a compatibility issues, videos lags too much, and 1080p 60fps videos does not goes as they suppose. Does anybody else has the same problem or it is just me?. Please Maxthon team, I don't wanna keep using others web browsers to go to youtube.

Merged with existing thread

Hi,

thanks for surporting Maxthon,  this version of our browser did have some problem like this, but it will be solved later when the core of our browser upgrade.

Ty for the info! Is there an estimated release window for the upgrade?

Archived