Maxthon 3/4 Skin SDK v1.1.17 (English Version)

bug angel010

Update date:Sep 2nd, 2014
SDK runtime version:2.0.0
SDK document version:1.1.17

Readme file for MX Skin SDK v1.1.17
===========================================

This package contains :

readme.txt           This file

_build_mx3.bat            Batch file for packing MX3 skin
_explode_mx3.bat       Batch file for unpacking MX3 skin
_build_mx4.bat            Batch file for packing MX4 skin
_explode_mx4.bat       Batch file for unpacking MX4 skin

first.png                       Source image file of sample skin (Fireworks Editable PNG)
first.mxskin                  Sample MX3 skin package
first_mx4.mxskin          Sample MX4 skin package

doc\
skin-tutorial.doc           Tutorial for newbie skin makers.
skin-engine-features.doc Introduction to the features of the skin system.
skin-system-reference.doc Detailed reference document of the skin system.

mxpak\
makpak.exe                 Packer executable
unpak.exe                   Unpacker executable

If this is the first time you play with mx skin system, we recommend you:
1. Read the tutorial "skin-tutorial.doc" and get a basic idea of how a skin is built.
2. Double click on the "_explode_mx3.bat/_explode_mx4.bat", unpack "first_mx4.mxskin" and examine the sample skin source.
3. Read the "skin-engine-features.doc" if you want to know more about the features of the skin engine.
4. Look up commands and objects in the "skin-system-reference.doc" when you're working on your skin.

MxPacker 1.0.0.7.exe.zipMX.Skin.SDK_en.zip

• Like 6

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Wilser said:

@BugSir006 What happened to this SDK! In mx 5 is useless! will be updated? when? :huh2:

I have the same question - or equivalent.  How do we make *.mxskin files that will override the contents of certain htm and css files packaged in UIMain.dat or UIHuge.dat?  I know that MX5 will now loas *.mxskin files but just  loading another background image is NOT a skin, not a real, full skin.

I want an answer to my question and think it woukd be good to update  the SDK with MX5 instructions.

I have seen an mxskin file that loads a background image included in the file along with a congig.ini file like the one associated with the Skin Center files in MX5 and n UserData.  That give clues to how a config.ini file is structured.  But full skins for Mx3/4 have a xkin3.ini file.  How is the MX5 equivalent file to be structured??

Plase give some help to skin makers so we can stop munging the default files in MX5.

<<SL>>

1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

I have the same question - or equivalent.  How do we make *.mxskin files that will override the contents of certain htm and css files packaged in UIMain.dat or UIHuge.dat?  I know that MX5 will now loas *.mxskin files but just  loading another background image is NOT a skin, not a real, full skin.

I want an answer to my question and think it woukd be good to update  the SDK with MX5 instructions.

I have seen an mxskin file that loads a background image included in the file along with a congig.ini file like the one associated with the Skin Center files in MX5 and n UserData.  That give clues to how a config.ini file is structured.  But full skins for Mx3/4 have a xkin3.ini file.  How is the MX5 equivalent file to be structured??

Plase give some help to skin makers so we can stop munging the default files in MX5.

<<SL>>

what do you mean they are NOT skins - joe with 2 hats thinks they are :mdr: - as to the rest of it i dont think its going to happen - prove me wrong Jeff - but the skin centre died with 3 - i think the devs agree with Joe - what we have is it

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 1 year later...

Hello,

unpak.exe   has a bug, which causes crash if it tries to extract packed files with zero bytes size from mxpak file format.

To me happened when trying to extract this file:

page\mx-pdf\polymer\v1_0\neon-animation\guides\compiled_resources2.gyp

from page.dat which is 0 byte

tnx.