[Problem] Watching videos on youtube in fullscreen 60 FPS

Hello everyone!

I searched for an answer using the search bar, but I found no solution about that. All videos I'm running on youtube in fullscreen at 60 fps have some lag (the video isn't in 60 fps), while in windowed mode the video shows in 60 fps without any problem. I can't understand why in fullscreen maxthon doesn't play the videos on 60 FPS, it's making me mad, can't figure out a solution myself. Thank you in advice for an answer :) and sorry if I wrote this post in the wrong section!

Hi and Welcome to Forum... (^^,) And YES it's the right section to...

Most YouTube Videos is in FPS 30p 24p , so it's best to see them in that frame rate, not force it to 60p FPS.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPrNO3qvCUM#

First if you use any Extensions, then thy don't work in Retro mode. Here i think on YouTubeCenter.mxaddon where you can force it to play only Flash format and not in HTML5 format.

post-327978-0-91042900-1435861120_thumb.  <~ Now all YouTube videos will play in Flash and in a embedded popup window.

If you right-click on the video, dos it show Flash or HTML5...??  (Flash demands a little more of your PC and HTML5 only demands a little more of you Bandwidth)

If you play it in Flash and you use a Laptop with a integrated graphics card or a PC with a older Graphics card, then right-click on the video and turn of Hardware Acceleration. = Free some RAM
If you play it in HTML5 format, then turn off some webpages in your browser and some background programs, that sits in your sys tray (next to the clock) = Free some more RAM
Good tip, update Graphics card to the latest driver and maybe install a Codec, so the PC can play videos better.

CODEC = COding DECoding = Command Language for PCs.
Codec is a contraction of code and decode and covers the algorithms
is used to format video / audio when it is to be stored,
and decode when later shown / heard.

If you look here in Forum you find some Guides, with more Tips and Tricks, to make your PC and Maxthon work better on YouTube.

•  Adobe Flash and Maxthon - General Discussion 

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/13262-adobe-flash-and-maxthon/

•  [WinPC Followup] Lag Issues on Youtube HD videos (flash only) - General Discussion

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/15165-lag-issues-on-youtube-hd-videos-flash-only/

•  [WinPC] Maxthon, youtube and HTML5 - Feature Request & User Voices 

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php/topic/14780-maxthon-youtube-and-html5/

Feel free to ask some more, if you need.!! Maybe give us a URL link to the YouTube Video, so we can test it to.??

Best Regards Ohke

If you right-click on the video, dos it show Flash or HTML5...??  (Flash demands a little more of your PC and HTML5 only demands a little more of you Bandwidth)

If you play it in Flash and you use a Laptop with a integrated graphics card or a PC with a older Graphics card, then right-click on the video and turn of Hardware Acceleration. = Free some RAM

If you play it in HTML5 format, then turn off some webpages in your browser and some background programs, that sits in your sys tray (next to the clock) = Free some more RAM

Wait... is there a way to turn off pages without closing them? I mean without killing the process  which takes care of the certain tab... Please, tell me how, PLEASE!

Hi,

Thanks for your question. You can try by clearing your browsing data since sometimes cookies will cause this lagging. Also, try the same page in IE to see if the same problems presists. Or you can try to downlaod a portable version to see if the vedio is fluent.

Wait... is there a way to turn off pages without closing them? No you need to CLOSE them. I mean without killing the process  which takes care of the certain tab... Please, tell me how, PLEASE!

The fastest way to turn of at lot of pages, is to make them into Fav., via Ctrl + Shift + D (see in your Customize shortcuts for more tips),

then Maxthon automatic saves all the pages with a date and time folder. 

Then you can close all Tab's, except the one, with the Video you want to see.  

Press the Brush and clear History and Cache in browser. = Free you Maxthon and especially Bandwidth for one HD 1080p or HD 720p Video.

Because you do want to see, a good video in best standard + full screen and you can only view one movie at a time. :wink:

For background programs, use CCleaner to suspend them = See the post in " Lag Issues on Youtube HD videos (flash only) " and a lot more on my Profile page.

P. S. If you need to Clear / Delete some Cookies, you can use CookieSpy, it can remove Cookies in Maxthon and in Nitro browsers.

CookieSpy - a simple tool to view, edit and delete cookies of your favorite web browser.

http://www.cookiespy.com/

Best Regards Ohke

Thank you all for the answers, I'm using a laptop with this card: Intel HD Graphics Family, GeForce 840M with 2 GB dedicated memory. Have an I5 processor and 8 GB of ram. I don't think my hardware is a problem to that, happens to my girlfriend laptop too, only with maxthon, but with chrome works perfetly for me and for her, but I really love this browser and pretend to use it for watching youtube on it, so I'm trying to solve this problem :p My player uses HTML5, and have a really well connection for being in my country (Italy), where the best connections are around 100MBps. The problem is that i can see every video perfectly when I open them, but I encounter the problem when I put them on fullscreen, the video drops some frames, and the video gets "laggy", I'm not meaning it stops, I mean the problem are lower frames then they should be.. Like I open the video (switches automatically to best quality cause I have those settings), and the video works fine, 60 fps.. I say: Let's put that on fullscreen for best quality, and the video plays at lower frames, I switch back on window and it plays on 60 fps. I feel trolled cause I can't understand this... have those problems only on youtube in every video I switch to fullscreen! Thanx in advice for your answers :)

Archived