>> Favorites Drag & Drop Issue (old bug)

Hi,

This is an old issue that I have had with Maxthon for a long time. I have reported it on the old forums a couple of time without a fix so far. by the way, I tried creating this thread in the Bug Report subforum but I had no access.

BUG: Basically, when I am in Favorites Manager, I have a hard time dragging favorites around, mainly because the "black repositioning line" is either very finicky or does not show at all.

http://imgur.com/a/BhSE9#1

Normally, when I want to drag a fav to another spot, I left-click the link, move it up or down the list till I get to the new spot, move the mouse a bit till I get the "black repositioning line", then release the mouse and the link gets repositioned.

This works but only sometimes. I often have difficulty getting the "black line" to show properly. It either does not show at all or it gets "tricky", i.e. it shows for a fraction of a second and I have to keep moving the mouse back and forth -in the little space of the new spot- until the "black line" appears. It seems that the "black line" becomes very precise, and I have to hit certain pixel for it to show.

I have tried a couple of work-arounds, none of which are practical or reliable or even help much. The best work-around is to zoom-in very much, like 200%, which sometimes helps make the "black line" appear, but not always.

I hope the explanation is clear. I am attaching a small image about the "black line" that I am referring to.

Additional Info:

Browser: Mx 4.4.5.1000 (default)

IE: IE 11 (but I never use it)

Passport: I do not use passport

Extensions or skins: None (using default)

The bug occurs only with Maxthon

The bug occurs in Maxthon's Favorites Manager all the time.

Thanks!

post-20256-0-05946000-1430742791_thumb.j

Edited by Atavus

Ah ok .. well I hope this issue gets sorted as it has been plaguing me for a very long time :p

It has been the only flaw I see in an otherwise awesome browser that I have been using since the days of MyIE2 v1 lol

Edit: Btw does the image attachment in the first post show for you?

Edit: by the way does the image attachment in the first post show for you?

yes it does. There's no need to upload a file to another website, you can use the attach feature using "full editor" bottom right of the reply box 

sigmax2.png

yes it does. There's no need to upload a file to another website, you can use the attach feature using "full editor" bottom right of the reply box 

Hmmm .. I re-uploaded the image. I guess I messed up the first time :p

Favorites move easily right from the side bar favs or favorite tool bar if you are using it. Its as easy as using the manager in my opinion, but then again I don't use it often.

Ty ... this maybe a "work-around", but the issue is really big lists of favorites, and the manager is the best and right tool to work with them :/