Problem with IE in Retro Mode

I have IE11 installed on my computer. However, many sites I have tried retro mode with display a message that says I am using an older version of IE no longer supported by that site and that I should update to a newer version of IE, and suggest IE9 or newer. One even thought I was using IE6. But as I said, I have IE11 installed and no trace of any older IE versions. Could this be a user agent issue? I have what I believe is the latest UA copied from this forum and I don't see any reference to IE in that UA string. Any advice as to how to get Maxthon to use IE11 and to show sites that I am using IE11 when I go into retro mode? Thanks.

Oh, and it is 5:54 P.M. where I am posting this, and Maxthon is still telling me it is 12:54A.M. Would really like to get this time zone problem solved soon.  

Settings > Advanced > Browsing > Enable standard rendering in Retro Mode, make sure it's checked.

I've changed your time settings to US mountain time (GMT -7hrs). Hopefully the settings issue will get sorted this week sometime now that China is back from their holiday.

Thanks, 7Twenty, that box was not checked though I thought it was, so thanks for reminding me to check it. And BugMiss006, I have modified my UA, so thanks to you as well. Now I'll have to see how it all works.

Thanks, 7Twenty, that box was not checked though I thought it was,

It's the only settings (with cache location) which is not sync in the options with the Passport account. I forget often enough to enable it!