Maxthon has only a basic level of cookie management from the UI. Your options are delete all or nothing using the options provided.
This can be accessed from:
- the quicktools bar,
- Main Menu > Clear Browsing Data, or
- CTRL-SHIFT-DEL keyboard shortcut.
Select the Delete cookies option on the dialog that opens.
Using Developer Tools
Sometimes you may want or need to delete cookies for a particular site due to errors or otherwise and deleting all your cookies isn't the most ideal option.
To work around this we have some options.
Firstly Maxthon does allow you delete cookies for the current site by using the Developer Tools.
FOR MX5 (5.1.x and later)
- Open the Developer Tools (F12) - Go to the Application tab, click the Clear storage item.
- Ensure at least the Cookies option is selected in the right pane.
- Click the Clear site data button.
- You can also right-click on the site address under Storage > Cookies and select Clear.
FOR MX4.9 (and early MX5 versions)
- Open the Developer Tools (F12) - Go to the Resources tab, then the cookies section.
- Right-click on the address you would like to clear cookies from and select Clear.
- You can also select individual cookies if required in the right pane.
This should be your first option when requiring cookies to be deleted only from a particular site.
Obviously it's not recommended for anyone who isn't comfortable playing around with things that aren't made directly available by the dev's through the UI.
Use at your own risk etc.