Favorites doesn't Sync

I'm on the latest android version of Maxthon (4.4.2.1000 Build 2915) using a Samsung Galaxy S3 (L710). I connect my account and can sync tabs but it will not sync favorites. Every time I try it connects to server then says "It didn't sync. Maybe you're not connected?"

I have changed the settings to manual to sync since don't have wifi where I am. I have tried with adblock plus enabled and disabled. I have logged in and out multiple times and stay connected on my laptop at the same time. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the browser but still same error is given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this feature was the main reason I decided to even use the mobile version of Maxthon.

Hi jedgell233,

Thank you for reaching out.

According to your problem description, i suspect the problem is due to your internet connection.

Please make sure your internet is strong enough( especially if you have many favorites) or change the environment to see if everything works fine.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi !

I've the exact same problem... My internet connection is strong, no doubt. but impossible to sync favorites over MOBILE NETWORK only.

This problem occurs from the beggining of maxthon mobile, on different phones and networks.

I've nerver been able to sync favs on 2G, 3G, or 4G.

it occurs also on all the android versions, up to Lollipop...

Everything else is great.

please, help / fix!!

• 3 months later...

Hi !

I've the exact same problem... My internet connection is strong, no doubt. but impossible to sync favorites over MOBILE NETWORK only.

This problem occurs from the beggining of maxthon mobile, on different phones and networks.

I've nerver been able to sync favs on 2G, 3G, or 4G.

it occurs also on all the android versions, up to Lollipop...

Everything else is great.

please, help / fix!!

Hi,

May i know if you still find the same issue in the current version please?

yes. still the same problem.

Moreover, since last update, every time I want to use a favorite (downloaded from wifi), nothing happens, and after 10 secondes, the phone freezes... I have to hard reboot...

I'm being more and more deceived by maxthon...

Moreover, since last update, every time I want to use a favorite (downloaded from wifi), nothing happens, and after 10 secondes, the phone freezes... I have to hard reboot...

Maxthon auto syncs while using Wi-Fi only to preserve bandwidth. The only other option is to sync favorites manually. Check your advanced settings.

Edit: But I am having problems opening from favorites, it freezes the tab....not the browser. You can use "C" gesture to close the frozen tab and continue using Maxthon(Just not from favorites)

Edited by slank
  • Like 1

I'll let our testing team conduct a thorough investigation about this issue.

I'll let our testing team conduct a thorough investigation about this issue.

Whatever the reason was for freezing of tabs opened from favorites seems to have fixed itself this morning, the sites I've tried open fine. May have been a connection issue. I can't remember the sites I was using yesterday for sure....