Serious Unresponsiveness/Slugishness

bloxxin

Maxthon has recently been being seriously unresponsive, on both a decent laptop of which I've been using maxthon for many months, and even on a speedy desktop which has been using it for multiple weeks.

I'm not sure what is causing this, but common forms of it are tab switching and tab refreshing lags a couple seconds. Sometimes opening a new tab will lag for a substantial amount of time; once the new tab would never load nor respond either indefinitely, surprisingly duplicating a working tab was the only way to browse then.

And no, I'm not referring to tabs that have been cached into VRAM/SWAP, that's not the problem. Nor do I have many extensions nor any skin modifications that would affect performance.

Maxthon run with several process but unfortunately tab on Maxthon is not on separate process as a standalone process. In some case, this is good for memory optimization (reduce memory usage) but in another case, it's causing some delay and sometimes lag to render the entire web contents of the other tabs when several tabs are opened.

For me, it's not a bug. It just a Maxthon memory optimization part. It's all up to you to continue using it or switch to the other one which is more suitable for your need.