"Website screenshot" option not working with new Quickaccess

Leebut

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using (suffer) the new Quick Access from its first release on beta.

With the new Quick Access I can't find my preferites so quickly as the previous one.

Have you try to add google.com, drive.google.com and maps.google.com?

They have all the same thumb; the Google logo.

And the other URL I've added?

The most have a text on a random solid color bacground, someone have a thumb of the home page. The same URL in different panels have different bacground color (THAT CANNOT BE CHOSEN BY USER) increasing the confusion.

I use Maxthon on a desktop PC but I think "my problem" is valid also in notebooks and tablets.

How you test the usability? Who gave you feedbacks on this changes?

I ask this because I'm very curious about "my opinion", it is so strange, or different from other users?

Where is Google maps? (see the attached picture "aaa" and "bbb")

Look at a splendid colorful favicon of the Favorite Bar :) (attached picture "ccc")

Thanks

post-7613408-14315122175961_thumb.png

post-7613408-14315122179359_thumb.png

post-7613408-14315122182728_thumb.png

I've to add that truncation of the name to a so little short string is ridiculous:

Bitstamp is truncated to "Bitstam", 7 characters, my first name is 10 characters long! :)

I see now that number of characters depends on the zoom level (I use 120% as default).

Thanks,

Alessandro

post-7613408-14315122182881_thumb.png

Alex 75 replied at 2014-11-10 11:53 back.gif

I've to add that truncation of the name to a so little short string is ridiculous:

Bitstamp is trunc ...

Hi,

Can't confirm the issue here.

The truncation for bitstamp shows fine here on my end.

I'm using the latest version 4.3.1000. You may upgrade your browser and try again.

post-30503264-14315122185807_thumb.png

BugSir007 replied at 2014-11-10 18:44 back.gif

Hi,

Can't confirm the issue here.

The truncation for bitstamp shows fine here on my end.

This specific problem (truncation of name) is most evident in the QA page with the Google search bar. In this page the "panels" are little smaller than in other pages.

Plus I use Windows Text Size set to 125% and a default browser zoom of 120%.

At 120% zoom level (and more) the visible text is "Bitstam", "Bitstamp" or "Bitstamp.".

With 100% and 110% it is "Bitstamp.ne".

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I would really like to be able to set a custom background image for the tiles in the Quick Access Menu. I've found another threadthat suggests the same, but it's archived.

What made me want this was Google Drive site, when I added it to a tile the preview was wrong and it was not a screenshot of the site, but the word "Google".