Can't play Farmville2...crashes

MsMia

Hi MsMia,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for the game.

I just tested it on my side, actually it's my first time to play it and I'm enjoying it.

Up to now i didn't encounter any browser crash. I'm running Mx 4.4.4.600 , same as you.

In order to identify the problem, please send us a crash report. You can find crash file in %temp%MaxthonCrashData ,zip the latest generated crash folder and send to to us. You can upload it here or send it to help@maxthon.com :)

We will have a look to see what might be causing you the problem.

At the same time, i suggest that you close any extensions or other third party software you are running that might be behind this issue.

Also you may log out your Maxthon account and play your game to see if it works.

Thanks.

post-30503264-14315123912807_thumb.png

Hi,

I'm back.

Here on my side i just encountered the crash problem.

After checking my crash info, it shows that the crash occurred at dx. Which means that it could be due caused by flash hardware acceleration, which was enabled. Also could be due to my old directx version.

I'll disable flash hardware acceleration and upgrade my directx version to see if the problem can get fixed.

You may try the same approach also.

post-30503264-14315123916584_thumb.png

Thank you for following up on this and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have been needing to be away from the computer for a while, family health issues. Would you please tell me how to find the Adobe Flash Player Settings?

Thank you.

MsMia replied at 2015-2-9 00:45 back.gif

Thank you for following up on this and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I have been n ...

Right mouse click on Flash based content and there you'll find settings.

Dang it, it doesn't come up for me when I right click, have tried it on everything and Maxthon as well as FireFox. Went to the Adobe site and followed all their instructions but still can't Adobe Settings or any Adobe thingy to pop up for me. Seems I have an issue on this puter.

MsMia replied at 2015-2-10 02:46 back.gif

Dang it, it doesn't come up for me when I right click, have tried it on everything and Maxthon as we ...

1. Try to open any flash page, eg. open http://speedtest.telin.sg/

2. Right click on there, there will be a flash player setting pop up like this.

3. Select setting and unchecklist enable hardware acceleration.

4. Done, try to play farmville.

post-30898809-14315124020273_thumb.gif

IMHO, Mx not yet fully support for gpu hardware acceleration, it need to be optimized especially on webkit core. It's no longer working properly on high demand gpu which is causing a browser crash. I have try latest Chrome to take some comparison and this problem never comes.

My girlfriend will happy if this will optimized on Mx next release.

MsMia replied at 2015-2-15 22:29 back.gif

Hi Dinataspace, I tried that site but again no matter where and how much I right click, nothing come ...

Ok, I got it. I assumed that show video floatbar option at your video floatbar setting was on checklist/enable which in some case causing flashplayer setting pop up fail to appear.

The common solution for this issue.

1. Go to Maxthon settings > Navigate to web content setting option > take a look at video floatbar setting option > then unchecklist the show video floabar setting on there.

2. Try to open any flash page again, eg. open http://speedtest.telin.sg/ and right click on that page.

3. It should be appear and then you can enable/disable flashplayer hardware acceleration.

Or you can try this simple way.

1. Open any flash page, eg. open http://speedtest.telin.sg/

2. Hover on that page to show the video floatbar menu setting.

3. Navigate to the video floatbar menu setting then click the pop up option.

4. Right click on pop up flash page.

5. There will be a flash player setting pop up then select settings.

6. Checklist/unchecklist to enable/disable hardware acceleration.

You can check this screenshot.

post-30898809-14315124119172_thumb.gif

Oh, I forgot one thing. You should try to update your Maxthon version to the recent version. The core crash issue and flash filtering mistake were already fixed on the recent Maxthon version.

Here's the fixes changelog at webkit core on Maxthon 4.4.4.2000

Fixed one Flash filtering mistake

Fixed on core crash problem

I got the new version, but I still crash in the Farmville2 game. Should I be deleting the flash player in here and downloading the adobe flash player, as per previous instructions? As well it will not let me bring up the flash player on that site link you gave me above.

MsMia replied at 2015-2-16 07:55 back.gif

I got the new version, but I still crash in the Farmville2 game. Should I be deleting the flash play ...

Yes, always delete it if you want to use the most recent version you have installed, otherwise Maxthon will always use the version that it comes with.

Not being able to right-click to get the menu on Flash is a (long-time) known bug, you need to popup the player which will enable you to right click and get to the options as described by Dinataspace.

Hi all,

I play Farmville2 and some other zynga games, they work fine on maxthon using my old pc with win7 OS and an out dated flashplayer version, also with enable hardware acceleration.

But when I play those games on my other pc with win8.1 OS and an update flashplayer version, they become crash and sometimes error script everywhere even I already disable hardware acceleration.

I just want to know whether maxthon still not compatible to play flash games (especially zynga games) on newer pc with newer OS and newest flashplayer? Coz I'm sure nothing's wrong with my newer pc, those games work ok when I'm using other browser like chrome and firefox.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

• 1 month later...