Red Dot - How to remove?

Kecka

It's a notification to let you know that whatever it's flashing over has something going on. So if it's on the default browser option, it means that you should select it to make MX the default browser. If it's over resource sniffer there is something available to be downloaded.

Nothing to worry about, but I can understand that it's a little disconcerting at times.

• 1 month later...

From few versions of Maxthon now there are some red circles kinda showing you that you can click "snap" feature to make screenshots or that you can click "set as a default browser" and so on. Now I don't know is it always like this or just beacuse I have checked all the options on "Clear history" feature but I must say it's pretty annoying when I'm seeing those circles everyday suggesting me what should I do... Please, delete those red circles or do something about it so it won't be showing up again and again but just once.

I've already pointed on it here. I think it's annoying and it's information value goes to absolute zero. Probably it's main purpose is to inform us that there are some really cool icons in tools bar and user should click them immediately in order to see some magical unicorns which are hidden in them...stupid ;P

Well there's probably something to download then.

Who would have expected that? :lol ;P

But seriously...Sometimes it appears on Snap icon too. Does it mean I can't take a screenshot on every page I want, if this red dot doesn't appear? (:

where is this red dot :o - never seen it that i can remember - that said i use my own skin - so i guess thats the answer - if you dont like it make or find a skin that you like

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

As i said in post #3, the idea is good as users should get notified when they need to, it's just the implementation isn't right.

I'm wondering why they can't add a toggle for the beacon and ignore it if it's set to off. In either case it needs to be made to look better. The icon or icon background changing colour/glowing I think would look nicer.

Problem of custom skins is that someone has to update them continuously. I've tried some skins but I always returned back to default, because every skin had some problem (e.g. freezing, missing buttons, different layout etc.).

Zugi replied at 2015-3-18 20:25 back.gif

Problem of custom skins is that someone has to update them continuously. I've tried some skins but I ...

dont agree with that - i have used my own skin since MX3 - yes its had to be updated along the way - but never anything major

the problem that some skins have is they are a complete copy of whats in ui.dat - that can and does create problems - just having the mods you want in the skin and using most from ui.dat works better

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit