Yahoo Mail and other site problems.

OldShoes

v4.4.1.5000 running on Windows 7. Tells me that maxthon is up to date, so is my W7

In the past two days i have had problems sending emails on Yahoo mail with Maxthon Browser. If i click compose, the blank form appears, but before i can ad and address it closes and reverts to my inbox. I was able to send no problem using a different browser. Turning ad hunter off did not change anything. I tried Retro made and i was able to send an email but the top of the page shows this:

"You’re seeing Basic Mail because you’re using an unsupported Internet browser. Upgrade your browser for the full Yahoo experience"

Also, on another web site i visited multiple times in last several days I got this:

"Warning: You are using an older browser that might not be able to access this website in the coming days. To continue using this Website, you must update your browser -- Click here to see the full list of browsers this website supports and how to upgrade your browser."

With Yahoo it only shows up on the mail page so i cant sent that as you would need to sign in.

Here is a link to the other site i had a similar message from:

cmaoffer?oc=1-ab831g&cm_sp=gwm-selfdirec

If i could figure out how to take and send a screen shot i would, but i copied and pasted below:

| Help & Support | Login

Get quote link. Type in symbol or company name and press enterGet quote link. Type in symbol or company name and press enter

Warning: You are using an older browser that might not be able to access this website in the coming days. To continue using this Website, you must update your browser -- Click here to see the full list of browsers this website supports and how to upgrade your browser.

Why Merrill Edge

Investing & Trading

Guidance & Retirement

Research

Investor Education

Open An Account

+Other fees may apply

Enjoy all the benefits of Merrill Edge®

Simple flat-rate

pricing

$6.95 per online equity and ETF trade with no trade or balance minimums. That's lower standard pricing than Fidelity, Schwab and E*TRADE.2

+Other fees may apply.

View investing &

banking on one page

See your Merrill Edge investment and Bank of America bank accounts with one login. And, you can move money between these accounts in real time.3

Schedule an appointment

You can work one-on-one with a licensed Merrill Edge Financial Solutions Advisor™ to design a personalized action plan and help you stay on track. Get started

Full range of investments

Choose from a wide range of stocks, bonds, ETFs and well-known mutual funds.

One-on-one guidance

Get one-on-one guidance when you need help.

Research and tools

Make informed investment decisions with access to independent research, the insights of Merrill Lynch and easy-to-use tools.

Hi there.

In yours case, the solution is very simple- just update your Maxthon.

Version you are using is very old and don't support auto-update notification (so thats why your MX shows it's up-to-date).

So grab most current version from here http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-13785-1-1.html

Try also to change your theme to another in Yahoo mail-let me know if it help.

loooping8 replied at 2014-12-21 20:59 back.gif

Mabye you install this scribt:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3849-yahoo-mail-basic-without-ads

b ...

What a non sense!

Read carefuly what OP wrote:

Warning: You are using an older browser that might not be able to access this website in the coming days. To continue using this Website, you must update your browser -- Click here to see the full list of browsers this website supports and how to upgrade your browser.

Then check how old version he/she is using...

It's easy enough to guess that OP needs to install an update instead of at all in this case unnecessary extensions or SCRIPTS!

Thank you everyone. Updated to the new version. I am not a fan of that W8 look and feel and thus, dont like it as much as the prior version. I still had a Yahoo mail issue but took the advice given and tried changing the "theme"- that seems to have worked. It will be a few days before i truly know...Thanks all.

I figured out what was going on with the tiles and was able to return them to a more familiar look that i referenced as a "prior version". Is it possible for the user (me) to change tile sizes and location? So far i cant seem to figure that out. Also, I have a whole page of Blanks, how do i get rid of it?

17659830 replied at 2014-12-22 17:06 back.gif

I figured out what was going on with the tiles and was able to return them to a more familiar look t ...

Check this post http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=13833&pid=73407&fromuid=765686

If you want get rid of mosaic- right click on it and choose "ungroup" .

Then you can drag tiles what you want.

If you want remove blank pages just right-click on number/name of this page and choose "delete"

And use "Search" function- almost all you're asking is on the Forum.

post-765686-14315122810616_thumb.jpg

I am not sure what happened when i ungrouped, but some of my sites disappeared of the grid. I was able to figure out what went missing and add them back.

I did not see a way to re-group, but i am happy with what i have laid out now. Curious though-when they are automatically grouped how are they chosen?

Also yet to see any way to personally alter tile sizes.

Using latest version 4.4.3.600 on W7.

After initially upgrading i didnt encounter a problem on yahoo. Here is is hours later and the problem has resurfaced.

If i vist yahoo mail and just givei t a few seconds it reverts to Basic mail on its own and at the top it displays this message(same as yesterday before i up graded):

"You’re seeing Basic Mail because you’re using an unsupported Internet browser. Upgrade your browser for the full Yahoo experience."

I do not get this message and encounter no issues on my Yahoo Home page.

Based on that experience i again visited the Merrill Edge website and again got the same banner message as yesterday:

"Warning: You are using an older browser that might not be able to access this website in the coming days. To continue using this Website, you must update your browser -- Click here to see the full list of browsers this website supports and how to upgrade your browser."

Are there any more solutions to try?

visited the Merrill Edge website The site is use some javascript to test for the IE/Chrome/Firefox/Safari version. Other sites with similar banners probably do the same.

Maxthon is still using Chrome 30 in the UA, as that is the code they use as their base. The site wants at least v31.

So you have a few options:

- Use a browser that doesn't cause the flag to be triggered.

- Change your UserAgent to the a Chrome/IE/Firefox one with the required version.

- Use a custom Maxthon UserAgent and change the Chrome section to 31 or higher.

- Add *ose.override.js* to AdHunter to stop the Javascript file from loading and annoying you about something that may or may not have any affect on what happens on the site.

I think there was some talk of Maxthon updating their core, but who knows when that will happen. When that does happen though the issue will be resolved.

Basically, there is nothing that can be done till they update the MX core, everything else is just workarounds - all of which work, some are more viable than others.

Ok, so has anyone figured out what to do with Yahoo Mail refresh problem. I have experienced it with the previous version. Just updated it to V4.4.4.600 with the hope that this would solve the problem. But, nothing doing. I can't use Yahoo Mail without constant refreshes and eventual crashes.

30923283 replied at 2015-1-2 16:51 back.gif

Ok, so has anyone figured out what to do with Yahoo Mail refresh problem. I have experienced it with ...

I read through the post. Other than to make sure that I have the latest version installed (which I do), the only other suggesting that I saw was to use the Yahoo Mail Basic extension. Is that what you mean?