Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jnx_r

How to enable ads/external links in Facebook?

8 posts in this topic

Could someone help me on how I can enable ads and other popups which redirect to external links on Facebook? Disabling adhunter and pop-up blocker does nothing. Whenever I click on any ad or any other external link, it kinda redirects me to the Facebook homepage. And there's also no option to copy link url to clipboard option so that I can open it manually in another tab by pasting it from the clipboard. Is there some way I fix this redirection to the Facebook homepage every time I click any external link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there

Welcome to the fourm.

Could you please tell us the page that have the link that is not working or that redirect you to your facebook homepage so we can test it here.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Beso_910, thank you for your swift reply.

Every ad from the right panel for eg. Why does clicking on any of them redirect me to facebook only on Maxthon? The other browsers all work fine with the ads which redirect to external links but only Maxthon redirects to the Facebook homepage.

post-30963239-14315122713921_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jnx_r replied at 2014-12-18 06:38 back.gif

Hello Beso_910, thank you for your swift reply.

Every ad from the right panel for eg. Why does clic ...

Did you try to disabling Adhunter & Popup blocker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I can show you the screenshots of them disabled if you would like. The Ad-hunter has the arrow symbol on it right now, and I have unchecked pop up blocker from settings.

EDIT:

I would like to add some more information.

Though I have disabled pop up blocker from settings, it seems to be checked in the Ad-hunter options to the bottom of the page. And I'm unable to un-check it See screenshot.

post-30963239-1431512271849_thumb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi jnx_r,

Glad to talk to you.

If i'm not mistaken, i can see that your user agent is set to Chrome. I suggest you change your user agent back to default( Maxthon) and disable any particular extensions you may be running and try again.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I haven't set it to Chrome. I confirmed this by checking the User agent switcher which was disabled in the settings menu. I also tried manually setting it to Maxthon, but it doesn't seem to fix the issue. Sorry about the late reply, wasn't home for a couple of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I get it, you must be referring to the browser which is displayed over my post. That's because I'm posting via Chrome. I switched to Chrome temporarily till I find a permanent solution to this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0