Error code 15

Whenever I leave the browser or stop using it for 5 minutes or more I come back to the browser not loading any pages at all and resulting in the following error: Error code 15 (net::ERR_SOCKET_NOT_CONNECTED)

The only solution I have found it to completely end all Maxthon tasks and disable and re-enable my adapter. Is there any way to actually fix this? I have tried the latest non-beta version as well as the latest beta version and it happens on both.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the inconvenience.

Is the problem confined with all websites you visit or some specific websites?

Would you uninstall your current browser and reinstall it again to see if everything goes back to normal?

Please try and let us know what happens.

Thanks.

A quick search shows this google chrome forum page it's something to do with sockets not closing properly. In Chrome there's an advanced option to "close idle sockets" which apparently fixed the issue for some people. Maxthon doesn't have such options.

Does the same happen with other browsers? If yes, then it's probably a local network issue rather than Maxthon.

You can try clearing cookies and cache, which apparently fixes the issue, but it's not seen as a permanent solution.

EDIT: link fixed.

Took a while for the issue to present itself (no clue how to trigger it manually) but it did happen with the portable version as well. As for a proxy, I never use a proxy and have the proxy turned off. I can see socks5 is a proxy, and would prefer not to use one as some sites/services I use security reliant upon IP and I'm not about to give access to a random IP.