Neowin site news title problems

Ok, look at this, give some more investigations...

Original site:

Here title is truncated, first line is missing.

Now, I make a manual modification on the site code:

Changing the h3 tag with a span tag, the entire title appears. It works also using a

tag, it stays broken by using h1/h2... Notice that not all titles has this behaviour, and this is the only pc I have this problem. And the problem is there also after trying to download a clean version of MxPortable and using it without imprting nothing from my current installation. :shutup:

post-42425-14315122024343_thumb.png

post-42425-14315122025081_thumb.png

dp7log.png

As shown above it works fine here, and using the h3 tag.

I want to say it's not a Maxthon issue, only for the fact that it's not happening for everyone, but you also say that it's fine in other browsers. It's weird - and if it can't be replicated it makes it even harder to determine the issue. I'm curious that you say it's only on that one PC that you have the issue, that says to me it's more than likely something on there that is causing the problem, especially when it happens with clean portable installs.

I'd start with disabling everything you run on startup and other programs and see if anything changes. If it's still happening then try Windows safe mode and check again.

Not everyone says they have not the issue... Oliver One said he has the same problem, and he is also a tester, so I think it is something mx related... :)

And yes, I said it is happening to me just on one pc, but apart from hardware and related drivers, all my pcs run same apps :)

Ices_Eyes replied at 2014-11-3 01:56 back.gif

Not everyone says they have not the issue... Oliver One said he has the same problem, and he is also ...

I never said it was just you or that it isn't an MX issue. The fact that Oliver One is a tester I don't believe has any relevance to the problem. It might just be a coincidence that both of you run the same program that is causing the problem.

Even though you might use the same applications it doesn't mean that something isn't causing a conflict of some description. A lot of things can go wrong with PC's, from failed installs or uninstalls, crashed apps, faulty drivers, malware etc.

I'd be curious to see the outcome of the testing that I mentioned above. Hopefully it might lead into a direction that gives an answer.

Hi guys,

Here on my end i also conducted a test with the website but i couldn't reproduce the mentioned issue.

The titles are displayed as expected. nothing is missing.

You guys can clear your browser cookies and cache files then try again.

Also you can log out you browser account and give the website a try again.

Thanks for your support!

post-30503264-14315122028925_thumb.png

So... As I said before, I test also to download a clean portable version of MX, and the problem is still there, so no problem of cookies or cache. Either on this version I do not login on my account, so no problem with it too. I tried also to copy my portable version of MX from another working PC to that with the problem (the entire folder, so cache and anything else was there) and the problem still there.

As far as the problem is concerned, I want to stress the fact that not all the titles are partially missing, but only some of them. Sometimes the first, other time just scrolling down a bit I can see the problem.

As soon as I can, so I think on Saturday, I will try to go to safe mode and will try from there , in order to try it with no program running in background (but I already try to kill any unnecessary program running, and the problem still there...).

The PC I have the problem (office PC) is a core 2 duo, with windows 7 x64, with 4gb of ram, nvidia graphics and realteck audio. Maybe Oliver One has something similar to that...

Ices_Eyes replied at 2014-11-4 04:06 back.gif

So... As I said before, I test also to download a clean portable version of MX, and the problem is s ...

Either on this version I do not login on my account, so no problem with it too.A little confused by that sentence?

But if i'm reading the rest correctly - any version of MX logged in or not has issues on your PC, but copying an MX portable from another PC that was working fine, then also shows the same problems on the first PC. Based on that the only conclusion I can come to is the PC/software/drivers is the cause. It's the only common factor in both cases.

Will be interesting to see what you come up with when you do the further testing.

7twenty replied at 2014-11-3 21:51 back.gif

A little confused by that sentence?

But if i'm reading the rest correctly - any version of MX log ...

I mean, I download a new version of Mx Portablem, uncompress it and test the site without loggin in into my mx account :)