Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R3gi

[REQ] Localization for Developer tools

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

is it possible to translate also "Developer tools"?

Gxlcb.png

Maxthon's user interface, the whole website, market descriptions, marketing emails etc are already fully localized, but this essential tool (not only for building AdHunter rules) is still in english language only :-( Why?

Thanks!

R3gi,

Czech translator

So? It's from Chrome, it's already translated, so why were translations removed?

I'm guessing it's not simply a case of restoring the translations from Chrome then?

I don't know, I am not a Chrome developer...right now I have no idea how to do that :-) Thing I don't understand is why. Why this essential tool isn't localized even if all the other functions are. It looks little bit weird :-)

I just checked Chrome and I get English in dev tools even if the browser is set to display French? So on my system at least Maxthon behaves the same?

Yes, you are right, it's not localized nor in my Chrome. It would be great if these strings could be included for localization, so we could translate them.

It was localized in older versions of Chrome. Now when even Chrome have decided to not translate why should be translation in Maxthon?

Because Maxthon is not Chrome, because I am using it a lot and because the localization should be complete and consistent. Everything is localized except this essential tool. It's not problem to translate it, but Maxthon has to let us to do it...

Many other more important things are still not translatable in the Maxthon. First should be translated registration, What's new pages, passport and cloud functions.

Yes, you are right, so as the Support desk, but I think that's related to Maxthon's website, which is managed by someone else, if I am right...

Btw these strange What's New pages should be completely removed since they are outdated, annoying and their information value leads to absolute Zero :-)

EDIT: Cool, Maxthon created the Maxthon Help Desk localization project three months ago (!), but it's been set as invisible for some reason. #facepalm

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0