Maxthon_Bing

Dr.W.Wang

Share a skin I made, Wide screen maybe better!!

************************************************************************************

Pcitures preview:

PS:THE BLACK VERSION ALMOST DONE, BUT SOME DETAILS MUST BEEN IMPROVED

*************************************************************************************

THE DOWNLOAD LINK:8723

Because the attachment size is limited, the HD pictures can not be upload, very sorry about that~~

post-7112138-14315119798847_thumb.jpg

post-7112138-14315119799507_thumb.jpg

post-7112138-14315119800126_thumb.jpg

post-7112138-14315119800775_thumb.jpg

Maxthon_Bing_Light.mxskin

Reeally, really beautiful skin. I asked; you delivered.

Now I have what may be a feasibility question. In the light skin, is it possible to have the navbar/tabbar be placed on top of the page content and be slightly translucent so that the page faintly, very subtly bleeds through? The effect would be most noticeable at high contrast boundaries and when the content is scrolling. But not so much translucence that it interferes with readability.

I don't know if this can be done in Maxthon, so I thought I'd ask since this light version looks like a good candidate if it were possible.

I've noticed the translucence in the Main menu. That's the kind of effect I'm asking about for the top navbar/tabbar/window controls. Except, I'm asking if this can overlay the content rather than be located permanently above it. There are also questions about whether, and if so what, parts of the navbar should be kept opaque..

Folllow-on question. I've been searching the skin code to find where the opacity/transparenccy/translucence of the Main Menu is set, with no luck in finding the place. My question is where did you do this (or multiple places if that was necessary.)

<>

Edited by SnowLeopard

SaphirJD replied at 2014-6-19 07:43 back.gif

Hopefully a black skin appears soon, since that is the only color my eyes accept

Anyway, you are ...

thanks very much,I think it can appear soon!BTW,I just a total new maxthon skin maker, I have no much knowledge about the skin making.

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-6-20 08:55 back.gif

Reeally, really beautiful skin. I asked; you delivered.

Now I have what may be a feasibility ques ...

wow, so very long reply. it is a big challenge for my poor English! so pls forgive me if I comprehend the words in a wrong way.

The questions you metioned maybe difficult in maxthon , and my knowledges about the skin making is just so so. I am a doctor, I have no much knowledge about the html and css and js.and I am a total new maxthon skin maker,.but I would try, and find whether have the solution.

The Main menu I just mod the background image and did not change any code

thanks for your reply, thanks

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-6-20 22:03 back.gif
wow, so very long reply. it is a big challenge for my poor English! so pls forgive me if I compreh ...

Ok, thanks for the information about the background image modification. i don't have Photoshop to use as a tool, but I do have GIMP and Graphic Converter which might help, slthough I don't know if I could get the nice translucence you have in your Man Menu background. That's what I'm trying to get in the navbar (except for the text input area of the addressbox ans the icons when active or hovered.)

I have made a couple mods to your skin ... nothing major, just adding al couple items I find too useful to resist in the full, wonderful simplicity you made. I'm conflicted;, but practical considerstions have taken top priority for now. I'm looking to try moving the quicktools to the statusbar or add them to the Tools sub-mrnu so I can remove them from the navbar again.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-6-21 01:02 back.gif

Ok, thanks for the information about the background image modification. i don't have Photoshop to ...

I moved the quicktools to the statubar at first, but I find it is not good, so I hide it, I also want to find good way to solve this issue

post-7112138-14315119931917_thumb.png

i think a better solution is to move the status bar to the tabbar - i see the status bar as pointless - you do all the work on the addressbar and dont have a tabbar but then keep the status bar which is still 2 bars

keep the tabbar separate and add reduced locked tabs - that then gives room at the right side for what you want from the status bar - i dont have much as most from the status bar is elsewhere in my skin - further if you shorten the side bar to go under the address and tabbar you have the full width to play with

post-2400682-14315119932613_thumb.jpg

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-6-21 02:08 back.gif
I moved the quicktools to the statubar at first, but I find it is not good, so I hide it, I also ...

When you said you hid the QuickTools on the status bar, I followed your lead and found them and unhid them. The only tool I had checked at the time was Translate, but it did not show on the status bar. Then I realized I only needed the QuickTools menu, not the icons ... so now it's just the QT popup menu and I have access to all the QTs.

This menu could be on the navbar too.

I added Favorites back into the nab-buttons group; I need that menu in lieu of the favbar. I tried a vertical favbar similar to what tony uses, but didn't like the rresult.

As for moving the status bar items to the tabbar, I don't think so. I can live without the statusbar items since most of them are present elsewhere.

As a second most favored option what I'd like to see is an autohide horizontally scrolling tabbar that does not require left/right buttons for scrolling, but usies mouse gestures to scroll the tabbar left and right. But this is a second choice because it does add a second bar, even though audohiding gets it out of the way. Also I don't know if the mouse gesture capability can do this.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard

would like to be able to autohide my side favourites as was possible in M2 apart from that all the other autohide things are gimmicks imo - they look a good idea until you actually use them - but as i say just my opinion - each to their own - apart from updating when the devs break things or add a feature/button or similar my skin has not altered since i did it early in M3's life - i like things where that have become familiar - pretty colours dont matter - my skin is dull grey - its there to use not look at

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Dr. Wang,

I know the pictures in your screen shots are too large to upload here, but do you have links to where the images can be downloaded, wherever your source was.

Or, what are the names of the places shown? That could be useful to doing s search for images.

Nothing I'cve tried has come close to anything like the ones you have.

>

Dr.W.Wang replied at 2014-6-20 22:03 back.gif
wow, so very long reply. it is a big challenge for my poor English! so pls forgive me if I compreh ...

Dr. W.Wang,

You mention in the referenced post that you just modified the background image for the Main Menu. I found the MENU_BG.PNG and have tried unnsuccessfully to apply it to the nav+tab toolbar in Maxthon_Bing_Light skin. I'm trying to get both the toolbar and the sidebar some transparency in their basckgrounds so that the items behind the Maxthon window show through slightly as Maxthon's window content does through the Main Menu and other.

My eventual goal is to find a way to overlay the toolbar and, when visible, the status bar on top of the web page content. I'm thinking the z-numbers may help do this, but am not sure. That's one property I haven't played with.

Do you have any ideas sto suggest?

<>

Edited by SnowLeopard

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-6-27 17:22 back.gif

Dr. W.Wang,

You mention in the referenced post that you just modified the background image for th ...

No, setting z-index won't make toolbar/statusbar float on page content, Maxthon's page content is always on top, no matter what other element's z-index property is, unless the toolbars are embeded in a menu or a popup. Then they can be shown(float/overlay) on top of the page content by using the show-popup() function.

大笨狗 replied at 2014-6-27 17:49 back.gif
No, setting z-index won't make toolbar/statusbar float on page content, Maxthon's page content is ...

Thanks, 大笨狗, for the informstion. Saves running down a dead end. ;))

Now to a less ambitious end, what background (or other element) should I look to change to make the toolbars (navbar/tabbar, stastusbsar) translucent with more diffusion than Win7 Aero provides? I thikk I know what property to look to to deal with sidebar transparency. But the toolbars have escaped me.

<>

Edited by SnowLeopard

大笨狗 replied at 2014-6-28 01:21 back.gif

You've already download the transluent skin that I made in the Chinese forum. Maybe you can check th ...

Thanks, I had to go refresh my memory on the Chinese forum. I remembered downloading Glass.mxskin but not who the author was. Turns out it was you. I didn't like the transparency, so I did a mod t make the toolbar, sidebar, and statusbar backgrounds translucent. I does work in your skin rather well, but now I have to review what I did and try to port it into Dr. Wang's Maxthon Bing skin. that last step has been a stumbling block, maybe due to not having transparent background for the icons (something I need to check.)

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-6-28 06:12 back.gif

Thanks, I had to go refresh my memory on the Chinese forum. I remembered downloading Glass.mxskin ...

You are welcome. To save your time, you can add following 2 lines to skin.csshtml, body { background: transparent; }

.tabbar, .favbar, .statusbar, .sidebar { background: #ffffff88; }

大笨狗 replied at 2014-6-28 07:00 back.gif

You are welcome. To save your time, you can add following 2 lines to skin.css

Thanks, the code works but I'm going to boost the alpha for more diffusion. As it is the text is hard to read. It's just nicelyl readable at "cc".

I played and have settled on "eeeeeedd" as the best approximation to my inspiration, Safari for OS X Yosemite.

;)) > :D

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Wang, have you finished doing the modifications you wanted to do for the Maxthon_Bing_dark skin? I'd like to see it, if you havel. If not or if you've moved to other projects .... OK.

Thanks for the beautiful Maxthon_Bing_light skin. I have made some modifications to it. The most important of which is adding translucency to the bars.l See the following code;

html, body {

background: transparent;

border: none;

}

.tabbar, .favbar, .statusbar, .sidebar {

background-color: #f5f5f5d4;

}

Copy the code... ADD TO SKIN.CSS.

With thanks to BSD (大笨狗) for the hint.

>

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble with this theme for the Maxthon Dock bar? Each time I close Maxthon and open it again later it goes back to the default look for the Maxthon Dock and I have to exit Maxthon Dock and reload the skin to get it back. Can someone please help me because I really like the look of it.

Are you referring to Maxthon Dock or the side bar?

Maxthon dock exists seperately and does not conform to a skin, it has it's own skins.

If you are referring to the side bar, the skin is applied and remains as often as I reboot M4.

I don't know if you are using M3 or M4 but if you are using M3 it is possible you might have issues as this skin was developed for M4.

Your post is indicating you are using M3 or M3 UA, either way you should update your UA.

post-7385961-14315120604239_thumb.jpg

I'm using M4 and I was talking about the sidebar but I've already fixed that problem but thanks. On another note I saw SnowLeopard and Dr.W.Wang were talking about unhiding the quicktools. Can I do that and if so, how?

Although i have been using Maxthon for over a year now I just began using the forum yesterday so sorry if I'm a real pain in the ass, it's just because I'm new to this :).