Updated User Agent

Now you can wait for webpage displaying compatibility issues. I use Win 7 x64, and change to Windows 8.1. No matter what OS you are using. You can change your OS "Windows NT x.x"

Windows NT 5.1 = XP

Windows NT 6.0 = Vista

Windows NT 6.1 = 7

Windows NT 6.2 = 8

Windows NT 6.3 = 8.1

But change whole user agent string

"Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.0; U; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/4.4.0.4000 Chrome/34.0.1847.137 Safari/537.36 OPR/21.0.1432.67 QupZilla/1.6.6" or with any "large" others, will give you problems. above all U; |AppleWebKit/xxx.x+ |OPR/xx.xx.xx | QupZilla/x.x.x | Maxthon/x.x.x.xxxx]

My user agent string picture is attached. Never had problems

post-11090790-14315120090212_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Opera uses chromium, which makes using both opera and chrome UA strings unnecessary. Also OS version doesn't matter really, I used 6.3 since even when I had XP and Win7, Win8, and still now in win8.1

and it gets truncated at 185 characters, best to take out the OPR. Safari causes problems, and you really don't need the ; U; part in it, because everything defaults to "U".. and Maxthon should go AFTER Chrome, for it to detect your browser as Chrome and not Maxthon, which is necessary for most sites.

this should work better for compatibility.Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2066.0 Maxthon/4.4.2 QupZilla/1.6.6and if you want it fully UNtruncated, you need to make 4.4.0.4000 into 4.4.0 or 4.4.2

now it's also 144 characters.

• Like 1

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2014-8-16 16:41 back.gif

Opera uses chromium, which makes using both opera and chrome UA strings unnecessary. Also OS version ...

Question for my information: Why is there "QupZilla/1.6.6" in the string? I've never heard of such a browser ... but I'm not surprised by that. My question is does it ever make a difference?

EDIT: Nevermind ... I found my answer in Wikipedia and Sourceforge ... at least the "What is it?" part.

However I still wonder if it ever makes a difference? Particularly in light of the point made above about putting Chrome first so the browser would be identified as Chrome, not Maxthon ... If this is the case, why bother with a string containing more than one browser if the first one is the only one that counts?

>

Imanerd replied at 2014-8-16 16:41 back.gif

Opera uses chromium, which makes using both opera and chrome UA strings unnecessary. Also OS version ...

Thanks Ima. Nice to have you back. Will take note of your suggestions and post a modified version at some point. Are you using the Dev version of Chrome for any particular reason or should I just put the Stable version as normal.

Qupzilla is another webkit browser. I added it in my original.

Dev chromium because version number shouldnt matter on most sites except for most notably zoho docs

Not using chromium. Just fetched the version #.

SL, because sites are picky. It took me months to get right back in 2012-3. Tested many different orders and variations per day on a lot of sites. Not putting it in that order made sites detect non-chrome. Otherwise it detects qupzilla. If you dont have qupzilla or something at the end it detects maxthon instead of chrome which breaks some compat

Wow64 ia64 also breaks or used to anyway break intel driver update java applet but other java works.

• Like 1

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2014-8-17 09:02 back.gif

Qupzilla is another webkit browser. I added it in my original.

Dev chromium because version number ...

Thanks for the explanation. I ddi discover one counterpoint today though. I ran a Peacekeeper test with MxNitro and the site told me I was using Chrome /35.0.1849.0 even though it was in second place after McNitro and beffore Safari.

This suggests to me that the order doesn't count much, only the presence of a recognized browser. Thoughts?

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-8-22 11:00 back.gif

Thanks for the explanation. I ddi discover one counterpoint today though. I ran a Peacekeeper te ...

Not sure, what's your order?

The odd thing has been that it's more than picky at times, it will work depending on the specific name put before or after. Usually QupZilla and QtWeb work after. Maxthon has to be after, but do you have something before Chrome? What's your total UA? It's not just about the order, but also additions of other things into it. i.e., using OPR for Opera which is, as stated, unnecessary since Opera now uses chromium build and identifies as the same on newer sites at least, it could make Maxthon part of the string, being before instead of after Chrome still show up as Chrome. However, taking it out and changing it around as I have, makes it less truncated, since truncation causes issues. The order means something depending on how many strings you have in the UA, I guess is what I'm trying to say. And as usual, all sites are differently-built and differently-interpreting, so it depends as to compatibility, it's not a clearcut science, except for the basic ideology such as keeping it untruncated and using Chrome string in the mix.

• Like 1

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2014-8-22 11:25 back.gif

Not sure, what's your order?

The odd thing has been that it's more than picky at times, it will w ...

Thanks for the explanations. It's lgood to find you back on the boards. Now to answer your question.

I'n MxNitro, I can only use the UA it provides:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) MxNitro/1.0.0.400 Chrome/35.0.1849.0 Safari/537.36

Peacekeeper identifies it a Chrome/35.0.1849.0.

In M4, I used two UAs:

(1) Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2066.0 Maxthon/4.4.2.1400 QupZilla/1.6.6

and

(2) Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/4.4.2.1400 Chrome/38.0.2066.0 QupZilla/1.6.6

Peacekeeper identifies both as Maxthon/4.2.2.1400 (or 1500).

Here's aa screen shot of sine if ny ttest resulltss

UA #1 was used in the tests labled A and B in the image;

Ua #2 was used in test C.

But as you see alll the tests were ideentified as Maxthon/*

And my UAs are basically your last posted version with Chrome and Maxthon in switched places.

I thought I saw a logical explanation, but further thought left me not so sure. I thinnk the Nitro result is explained by MxNitro not being recognized at all so it falls through to Chrome. But the M4 result leavesme puzzzled how Peacekeeper is identifying Maxthon when it comes after Chrome.

NOTE: I have never logged into Peacekeeper to "lock" my results. So don't expect to find my resuylts on the site. But Maxthon4 sesems to preserve the results separately ... if I'm connected in the same way as the previoous tesst But the reulsts do not get preserved among different installations of the browser.

>

post-17653568-14315120983431_thumb.png

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-8-23 04:57 back.gif

Thanks for the explanations. It's lgood to find you back on the boards. Now to answer your quest ...

Honestly, I'm not sure, there.

Anyway, I'm only on here for a few days until I go back to the university tomorrow, and start classes on the 27th. Then I'll be absent again, sorry.

cooltext.png

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-8-23 19:57 back.gif

Thanks for the explanations. It's lgood to find you back on the boards. Now to answer your quest ...

But the M4 result leavesme puzzzled how Peacekeeper is identifying Maxthon when it comes after Chrome.At a guess they're testing for known UA elements in a certain hierarchy. So starting with the obscure ones working down to the most well known. When there is a match that is used instead of Chrome/IE/FF etc which will be further down the list. But as I said it's just a guess mind you, as that's how i'd do it if I was testing for something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Magdalene replied at 2014-5-12 12:35 back.gif

The strings posted above were originally posted by me on another thread and then reposted by Magg.

T ...

using OPR in the UA, by the way, breaks dropbox functionality and makes for impossible Netflix streaming unless you change it to Chrome/Version# in that one. Also given the release of Windows 10, which had been NT 6.4 as Win9 and then NT 10.0 as Windows 10 preview, you might wanna add that to the "unstable" version.

• Like 1

cooltext.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Magdalene replied at 2014-5-12 12:35 back.gif

The strings posted above were originally posted by me on another thread and then reposted by Magg.

T ...

those are truncated, above the truncated header. besides that, using OPR along with Chrome is unnecessary given that OPR stands for the opera releases following its switch to blink/webkit. Using Opera instead of OPR is a better idea , but keep Chrome in there, because without it, dropbox doesn't work, nor does netflix.

As for Maxthon, you don't need the whole version number in there. It takes up space, for the same effect. However, keeping the whole version number for the others is a good idea, until I do some more follow-up testing, upon getting a bit more free-time.

You also don't need (KHTML, like Gecko). It has no impact .

You don't need "U" in there, because it is by default "U," without it included. It signifies the type of encryption, and I had only included "I" in my original UA string from which all of this is derived, for legacy purposes.

cooltext.png

• 4 weeks later...

the latest user agent strings of the beta version?

from Smilefly http://old-forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=11008&pid=84007&fromuid=410855)

The  UA  is responsible to the Core Enigne's version. So website can use this to detach which features is supported by this Browser.

Maxthon now use the Chrome30's Blink engine, and the UA is 

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/4.4.5.1000 Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36
We are updating the Blink engine now.

If you find any website display prompt that the website is not supported, please report to us , so we can try to fix this.

We have set the UA of Gmail to be "Chrome/41",  so Gmail should not show the "not supported yellow bar", if you still saw this, please update to our latest browser  or contact our support team.

sigmax2.png

• -ody- featured this topic