Burn2

Members
  • Content count

    14
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Burn2

  • Rank
    Freshman

Profile Information

  • Gender Female
  1. Since the new beta v5.1.4.1700b now installed to the previous folder 5.1.4.1200 I tried to find the place, where the installation path is stored. It's in C:\Users\<Use your User Name here>\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon5\Public\install.ini. I changed the following entry: [main] Folder=C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1200\ and now it is possible to install v5.1.4.1700b or none beta versions to C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5 again.
  2. I used the Advanced option and there was shown C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\. I tried it twice and I also installed many beta versions before and none of them just added its subversion to the selected install path so far. I could also see, that the previous installed version Maxthon 5.1.3.2000 was not available anymore, under C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\. So it's not true, that the beta installed in a parallel path.
  3. Hi, Maxthon 5.1.4.1100 beta got installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1100 instead in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\ as it was selected in the installer. Since than even the previous version installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon5\5.1.4.1100\ even after uninstalling the software and reinstalling it again (I kept my user settings of course). Is this a bug or will future versions always install in subfolders named after the present version? Bjoern
  4. Meanwhile I removed all settings and plugins and started from scratch. So far it looks good. Maybe really a plugin caused that trouble, even I disabled all of them, except the build in ones. Or it is related to the Maxthon upgrade history since I use that browser for a very long time already. As next step I'll start enabling the 4 additional plugins again to verify them. Edit: Hmm, while installing the previously saved plugins again I found twice a Maxthon search plugin v1.2.4 but with different size and file name under ...\Maxthon3\Users\guest\Addons Maybe that was the problem.
  5. At the moment I cannot reproduce it anymore but I don't know why. I didn't change somthing I'm aware of. Only a Windows 10 update took place. That message was to early, it just took a quite long time this time :-(
  6. Hmm, there is no file in C:\Users\Bjoern\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Temp\FindInPage I attached screenshots of the Maxthon addons installed and which are activated.
  7. Strange, the portable version doesn't seem to have the sporadic search problem. So I disabled any additional extension inside the installed version to make sure there is no side effect but it did't make a difference so far. I attached all crash dumps happend this year. MaxthonCrashData.zip
  8. Just updated to v4.9.3.1000 and after a while the search box made Maxthon crash again (Search worked on all pages in the beginning). I had about 10 open tabs and found one Maxthon process without handles after it happend. I made a complete dump but even zipped it's 201MB in size and to big to attach here. But for now I can say it wasn't related to the browser cache. That I cleard last time. I attached the new Maxthon crash report. 1465025425.zip Report.wer
  9. It happens randomly. I could only see that Maxthon reserved more than one GB of RAM last time it crashed. In my opinion it happens if many tabs with complex web pages are open. I also let Maxthon running for a long time and just send my notebook to standby. I can add more existing crash dumps if needed or configure an local user dump in Windows. For now I just cleared the cached data.
  10. I know it only searches on the current webpage. But it happens very often when I press STRG+F, the search box opens and after I start typing the first character Windows tells me that Maxthon doesn't work anymore and needs to be closed/restarted. The search box gets a black frame than. I just tried to reproduce it and attached some crash data. 1464817330.zip
  11. One more information, Maxthon starts to hang after entering the first character to search for.
  12. Hi Maxthon Team, meanwhile I use Maxthon version 4.9.3.400 but since some versions I have a general problem using the build in search function (via Strg+F) to find words within the openend web page. Maxthon has usually some tabs open and I'm not sure if it is related to the web page itself or to using more then one opened tab when starting the search function. There was no fix for the last versions and so I decieded to open a bug here. Maxthon is installed under Windows 10. Best Regards from Germany, Bjoern