• Some sites do not recognize "Magic Fill" entered username / password

puf_the_majic_dragon
    • Solved

For some sites, when Magic Fill enters the username and password and I click "log in", the site does not recognize that any text was entered into the Username or Password field. The site reads the field as empty.

I can consistently reproduce this on any site requiring a Microsoft Account. If set to "auto" the site will not recognize the entered username. If set to "Manual", double clicking the username field does not bring up the identity selection menu. Double clicking the password field *does* bring up the selection menu. When Magic Fill has populated the username and password fields, I can manually enter a space after my username and click "sign in" and it works just fine.

Magic Fill does not fill the username and password into eBay's webpage at all, neither set to manual or automatic.

I'm running version 4.4.8.2000. I haven't been prompted for an auto update and the "About" screen says I'm up to date.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This also happened to me on Chase.com when trying to login, and also when myloops.net directed me to Paypal when I was trying to buy something from myloops.net.  I kept clicking Log In on the Paypal popup and it didn't work.  I had to use IE instead for both sites.  Used to work fine in previous maxthon version before 4.9.3.1000.  I am running Windows 7 Ultime SP1 64-bit

Edited by Jrel
    • Like 1

Same was mentioned about Microsoft.com.

Was mentioned by a bug* that it would be looked into. 

Hopefully MX5 will have it fixed.

Using the pressing space or similar option as workaround is the only option for the moment.

17 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi puf_the_majic_dragon,

Sorry to get back to you so late. Our team member noticed your post on Facebook.

We recommend you to download the latest version in our website: http://www.maxthon.com/beta/

And I'll report this issue on 4.4.8.200 to our product team for fixing!

Thanks for your support and your patience. 

Doris

On the download page, above "blue screen" to download 500 and below you download old version (100). Is it wanted like that ?

15 minutes ago, Chantao said:

On the download page, above "blue screen" to download 500 and below you download old version (100). Is it wanted like that ?

Hi Chantao, sorry, that is a mistake, we'll change it immediately. 

• Like 1

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.