• Skynote

Blinderson
    • Solved

Question about Skynote:

How do you delete a category? There are some I can delete, others all I can do is rename.

This happens on both the laptop and mobile versions.

I'm using 4.9.3.400 (I just upgraded; I couldn't delete in prior versions, either).

Mobile version is 4.5.9.3000 Build 2952

Thanks for any help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

you're right, there are some categories I can delete and others I can't  (to be sure, I checked that no note was locked inside the category, and sync was done) :

"delete category" is grey

sky.png

32 minutes ago, -ody- said:

@BugMiss006 does your "like" mean you will take this bug in consideration ? it's not solved !! I edited the tag

Mis-operation. Thanks Cathy to corrected the status!

20 hours ago, -ody- said:

@BugMiss006 does your "like" mean you will take this bug in consideration ? it's not solved !! I edited the tag

sorry, looked wrong. :(

I changed it back. I tested it. I can delete Custom Category, only Default Category can't be deleted.

Could you help me to verify only can't delete some Category or all Categories can't be deleted on your computer?

Thanks for kind cooperation~

Hello, blinderson. 

I tested it. I can delete Custom Category, only Default Category can't be deleted.

Could you help me to verify only can't delete some Category or all Categories can't be deleted on your computer?

Thanks for kind cooperation and looking forward to your reply.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

I tested it. I can delete Custom Category, only Default Category can't be deleted.

how do you know which category is the default one please ? 

Below is a blank skynote and I can't see any (default) category...blank.png

2 hours ago, Blinderson said:

I have 4 categories; 3 I can delete. I have renamed some so I don't know which is a default anymore....sorry.

as far as i can see, there's no default category : when I open maxthon as a guest, skynote is blank, and there is not such thing as "default category"

On 2016/5/28 at 2:05 PM, -ody- said:

as far as i can see, there's no default category : when I open maxthon as a guest, skynote is blank, and there is not such thing as "default category"

The first category is default category. It can't be deleted forever. Its initial name called "default category", but it also can be renamed.

Since the second category, all other categories can be deleted freely.

QQ截图20160530095602.jpg

QQ截图20160530100618.jpg

QQ截图20160530100630.jpg

I see.. I performed a test : at first there is no category and you have to create manually the first category, once created it's called "default" and you can't delete it.

neither can I delete the empty folder (untitled-1) in this default category.

If it's by design, I would consider it a "bug by design" lol 

although I can imagine workarounds to make it "disappear" in case it gets useless, it would be nice if we could delete it !

23 hours ago, -ody- said:

I see.. I performed a test : at first there is no category and you have to create manually the first category, once created it's called "default" and you can't delete it.

neither can I delete the empty folder (untitled-1) in this default category.

If it's by design, I would consider it a "bug by design" lol 

although I can imagine workarounds to make it "disappear" in case it gets useless, it would be nice if we could delete it !

can delete note in default category.

QQ截图20160531131017.jpg

I also will transfer this hope and suggestion to design team~

2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

can delete note in default category.

I also will transfer this hope and suggestion to design team~

you can delete a note, you can't delete an "untitled note", if there's no other note inside the default category

I don't consider this solved.... 

On 2016/5/31 at 3:45 PM, -ody- said:

you can delete a note, you can't delete an "untitled note", if there's no other note inside the default category

I don't consider this solved.... 

you can't delete an untitled note? I can delete. Could you give me a screenshot? maybe some problems here.

QQ截图20160602092952.jpg

On 2016/5/28 at 0:01 PM, Blinderson said:

I have 4 categories; 3 I can delete. I have renamed some so I don't know which is a default anymore....sorry.

no sorry. This's our pleasure. whatever solve problems, introduce  features and discuss the features which users hope to add on.

Some features will come back in MX5. After a few days, I will receive the accurate information and post on forum. Other features, which won't come back when MX5 release, also will back later. That all because of the suggestion from forum~

3 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

you can't delete an untitled note? I can delete. Could you give me a screenshot? maybe some problems here.

please read carefuly what I wrote : if there's only an unitled note into the default category, you can't delete it either. 

strange design indeed :  imagine I want to delete the "Notebook" category and all its content, I just can't..... because it's supposed to be a "default category". This does not make any sense.

sky.png

6 minutes ago, -ody- said:

please read carefuly what I wrote : if there's only an unitled note into the default category, you can't delete it either. 

strange design indeed :  imagine I want to delete the "Notebook" category and all its content, I just can't..... because it's supposed to be a "default category". This does not make any sense.

sky.png

oh, yes. actually, it can't be deleted, if only one unitled note in default category. I will ask technical staff to confirm this is a bug or not. Thank you, ody~ If it's not a bug. I will add it on suggestion list.

fine, confirmed. The design is it...I will add it on suggestion list. Thanks your feedback.

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.