• mx crashing always


    ioosis

    1-maxthon always crashes when closing a tab 

    2- i face a lot of difficulty when trying to move copy cut my  stored favourite url to acustomized favourite folder

    3- why no tweaks on themes 




    User Feedback


    Hi there,

    Sorry for bringing you inconvenience.

    First please let us know your Maxthon browser version so that we can identify the cause more easily.

    Second, it will be helpful if you could send the MaxthonCrashData to us for further analysis. You can get this folder through following two ways:

    a. You can press "Win + R" keyboard > run "%temp%" and press "Enter" > find the folder "MaxthonCrashData" > compress the folder and send it to us. 
    b. You can also find it directly from following path: C:\Users\#Your User ID#\AppData\Local\Temp\MaxthonCrashData 
    The whole complete MaxthonCrashDate folder will be highly appreciated instead of only certain .txt document in it.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    THANKS FOR REPLY 

    MY VERSION 4.9.4.200

    WILL SEND THE FILE AFTER TRYING LATEST BETA

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    crashes gone on the new version 4941000 but it still takes a lot of time and freezes when i open favourite manager

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, ioosis said:

    crashes gone on the new version 4941000 but it still takes a lot of time and freezes when i open favourite manager

    Ok, anyway, it's a good news that the new version has stopped part of problems.

    Regarding to the favourite manager, could you tell how many bookmarks you save in your favourite managers? your computer information? whether virtual memory or any system disk has been full? 

    Is there any problem like freezing when you use other features of Maxthon? any problem when you use other browsers?

    Hope it's not a burden for you, but since we couldn't duplicate this problem when we do test(actually we have optimized this feature and before we lauched it previously, our test once tried more than 5k bookmarks and move, but there's no problem at all), this is the only way to identify the cause.

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    thanks for reply

    i save alot of bookmarks very far away beyond 5000 may be over 15000(my years online roaming) i did not face this problem on version 4.9.3 or 4.4.8 

    my pc

    phenom x2 550 @3.giga hertz

    ram 10 gb

    gigabyte 785gt

    i have more than 10gb free of system disk space

    i always uses portable version of maxthon

    no freezes @ all of any mx features just the f.m. 

    all other browser ok i use all kind of browser this happen only on 4.9.4.xxx

     

    also try this fb page link it opens any post and close it repeatidly by its self

    even it freezes other tabs

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 minutes ago, ioosis said:

    over 15000(my years online roaming) i did not face this problem on version 4.9.3 or 4.4.8 

    over 15000...seems that you are really an old Maxer and have great trust on us:D

    I'll let the devs know about this. Maybe they should pay more attention to the optimization again.

    6 minutes ago, ioosis said:

    my pc

    phenom x2 550 @3.giga hertz

    ram 10 gb

    gigabyte 785gt

    i have more than 10gb free of system disk space

    i always uses portable version of maxthon

    no freezes @ all of any mx features just the f.m. 

    all other browser ok i use all kind of browser this happen only on 4.9.4.xxx

    helpful information, I shall transfer to them together :)

    7 minutes ago, ioosis said:

    also try this fb page link it opens any post and close it repeatidly by its self

    I'm a bit of confused about this. What do you mean by this?

    You couldn't open thread in this forum? is it only on this forum or for all other sites?

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    no this page only on facebook i opened the first post picture then it started to open and close then open and close i meen the picture that is attached to the post first post or seconed any post picture in a loop by itself 

     

    i use maxthon more than you think 10 years  maybe i have 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    sorry man also i have to inform you the new 4941000 v it close suddenly when i close some fb tabs i do not know why

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    4 hours ago, ioosis said:

    no this page only on facebook i opened the first post picture then it started to open and close then open and close i meen the picture that is attached to the post first post or seconed any post picture in a loop by itself 

    Is what you mean same with following thread? He has an video attached.

    http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/auto-reload-facebook-picture-r236/

    4 hours ago, ioosis said:

    sorry man also i have to inform you the new 4941000 v it close suddenly when i close some fb tabs i do not know why

    It's really sad story, but anyway we need to solve it. 

    Let me check another detail with you, did all these problems (crashing when close a tab, freeze on Fav. manager) happen only when you have one or more Facebook page on?

    If so, we may suppose that MX4 encounter problem when Facebook was open, and given the problem has happened, what other operation you do after that will meet difficulties.

    Besides, what's your operation for Fav. manager? only click open, and it will be slow or freeze? or only when you edit it, it encounter problems?

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1- the attached video at z link above is actually describe exactly my first problem +1

    2-   freezing happend with multi fb pages are opened 

    3- crashes happen some times when i close only opened 1 fb page with maxthon home screen set to open thumbs pages 

    and sometimes with multi fb pages

    4-just openning z f.m. talkes alot untill i can see and edit my favourite links or folders i save a lot of links onnce i try to move more than 10-15 linkes to a customized folder it stop responding also while that it freezez mx and all open tabs and popup close message

    i think maxthon has a great trouble with fb

    best regard

    Edited by ioosis

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    14 hours ago, ioosis said:

    4-just openning z f.m. talkes alot untill i can see and edit my favourite links or folders i save a lot of links onnce i try to move more than 10-15 linkes to a customized folder it stop responding also while that it freezez mx and all open tabs and popup close message

    Does Fav. problem happen when you don't have Facebook page on? have you ever try that?

    Besides, since crash happen again, could you help sending the crash report to us for analysis? The way to get MaxthonCrashData is as above.

    14 hours ago, ioosis said:

    i think maxthon has a great trouble with fb

    Yes I think so, too. It's really an important bug which need to be fixed urgently because FB is such a popular platform nowadays.

    Really thank you for your support and patience. It's really helpful for us.:)

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1- YES FAV M PROB. HAPPENS EVen when i open fav m alone  mx freezes for may be 45 seconds then opens its very difficult  when i move favourites url from right pane to left i only can move 10 links or so to my customised folder

    i attched z report plz note that i use z 3 portable versions of maxthon i think they share z same temp directory  

    even with those  problems along years  trust me mx is the best out there i really thank you a lot and plz mx5  let all free feature in gest account  

     

    best regards

    MaxthonCrashData.rar

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 10/14/2016 at 8:56 PM, ioosis said:

    1- YES FAV M PROB. HAPPENS EVen when i open fav m alone  mx freezes for may be 45 seconds then opens its very difficult  when i move favourites url from right pane to left i only can move 10 links or so to my customised folder

    i attched z report plz note that i use z 3 portable versions of maxthon i think they share z same temp directory  

    even with those  problems along years  trust me mx is the best out there i really thank you a lot and plz mx5  let all free feature in gest account  

     

    best regards

    MaxthonCrashData.rar

    Thank you very much for the crash report. I shall transfer it to the devs for analysis.

    Also thank you for your trust in Maxthon, which is the best reward for us:D

    Regarding to MX5, since many feature of this version is more about information management, which is more personal. That's why it will be better if you have an account instead of guest mode. For example, if MX5 is your personal information assistant, you also want it be customized to only yourself, right?:1f61d:

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hi ioosis,

    Today we have released the new version of MX4, v4.9.4.1100beta, and Facebook problem was fixed in this version. You can download it from this link:

    http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes/

    Besides, since we suppose that the Fav. manager problem is also related with FB issue, it will be helpful if you could try your Fav. manager in this new version, too. We hope this Fav. manager issue could also be fixed together.

    Awaiting your feedback.:D

    2 people like this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    thankx for z new beta

    1- nope f.m problem did not fixed 

    2- just to notice i found that favback folder size is huge about 780mb  thats could be z problem but even without my fav folder z problem exits 

    3- as for fb i will try it 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    also i would like to inform you about problem for later use 

    1- i get install flash player message at youtube page in retro mode while not at ultra mode  even mx bulid in his own fp

    2-fb vieos i use internet download manager to capture video on fb so i should see popup icon download like mx popup download video some time it work in retro mode also i get java error in some fb video and andriodauthority  how do i assure that java instaled in portable version

    3- i will send some site errors i face on mx that works fine on other browser  

     

    the most important now fav.m cause i use it alot i will try to send avideo caputer 

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, ioosis said:

    about 780mb

    so big...Is there anything wrong for the sync in your account? Have these favourites been synced in your Maxthon account, or only saved in your local device?

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    i keep it local

    i do not sync

    note that this z backup     favourite folder inside z main fav folder

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, ioosis said:

    i keep it local

    i do not sync

    You never sync it to the cloud?...

    ok, I misunderstood you. 

    If they are only in local, have you try clearing the cache?

    2 hours ago, ioosis said:

    note that this z backup     favourite folder inside z main fav folder

    what do you mean by "z" backup?:( sorry sometimes some abbr. are a little bit confusing for me.

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    it is difficult in egypt to have internet service all time soync needs alot of money

    z eqauls =the  i mean there is a folder in mx portable directory called favourite under the guest account data inside this folder there the=(z) main favourite filee and a favbackup folder which is 780mb 

    i do not see how clearing cach is related to favourite

    about fav manager do you have a screen recorder app that can record my problem with small size

    best regards

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    How many favourites do you have and how big is the Favorite.dat file? If it's rather large, then that's possibly why you're running into issues with favourites.

    You can probably delete most (if not all) of the data in the backup folder. I always keep the latest 5 or 10 copies though.

    For reference i have 568 favourites and the file is 938kb. No issues on my end.

    You can get the total by using the update site icons feature and checking the progress meter number down the bottom.

    On 19/10/2016 at 3:05 PM, ioosis said:

    1- i get install flash player message at youtube page in retro mode while not at ultra mode  even mx bulid in his own fp

    For flash to be working in Retro you need to also have the IE version of flash installed. Easiest way is to run Internet Explorer and install flash using that, as it will detect and install the right version. It should then work in Retro.

    Although you shouldn't have to be using Retro for youtube.

    Quote

    2-fb vieos i use internet download manager to capture video on fb so i should see popup icon download like mx popup download video some time it work in retro mode also i get java error in some fb video and andriodauthority  how do i assure that java instaled in portable version

    Goto https://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp and see if it can detect if Java is running/installed.

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Favorite.dat  is 50 mb

     

    as for favourit number see attached

    Untitled.png

    wow  75688   years of web roaming by mx

     

     

    just notice i do not face any problem with 4482000 or 4931000  just 494

    i have avideo for z problem with 400mb size i can not upload that can not even reduce size

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 10/21/2016 at 5:56 AM, 7twenty said:

    How many favourites do you have and how big is the Favorite.dat file? If it's rather large, then that's possibly why you're running into issues with favourites.

    You can probably delete most (if not all) of the data in the backup folder. I always keep the latest 5 or 10 copies though.

    For reference i have 568 favourites and the file is 938kb. No issues on my end.

    You can get the total by using the update site icons feature and checking the progress meter number down the bottom.

    For flash to be working in Retro you need to also have the IE version of flash installed. Easiest way is to run Internet Explorer and install flash using that, as it will detect and install the right version. It should then work in Retro.

    Although you shouldn't have to be using Retro for youtube.

    Goto https://www.java.com/en/download/installed8.jsp and see if it can detect if Java is running/installed.

    plz see the above list

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 21/10/2016 at 6:42 PM, ioosis said:

    wow  75688   years of web roaming by mx

    I'd be doing some major trimming of that list. 90% of those sites probably no longer exist if they're from years ago.

    As to why it works in previous version, I can't say.

    1 person likes this

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

  • Pending = We are still working on this report.

    Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

    Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.