• Many instances of Maxthon in Task Manager

Sherry
    • Solved

Hi, I've tried the search feature but it is not bringing up anything so if this has been talked about before please just link me to the proper topic.

When I open up my Maxthon browser about 5 or 6 instances of it show up in my Task Manager.. and no, they were not already there. After using the browser for a few minutes it jumps to even more instances of it running. I have never ever seen my Firefox nor Palemoon nor any other browser do this. What is going on?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Sherry, 

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Could you tell which version of Maxthon you are using when this problem encounter? Does it happen every time or only for once?

Besides, it will be better if you could have a .gif picture of video to show what you do before and after this problem encounters.

B.R.

Maxthon Version is 4.9.4.1100 and this has happened since I first got Maxthon a few months ago and before you told me to update to this version. I don't know how to do this .gif or video and I'm not doing anything before or after the problem occurs.. I turn my laptop on and open my browser and if I check task manager there are at least 5 of Maxthon in it. The memory in lowest is about 10,908 and top is 638,596.

5 hours ago, Sherry said:

Maxthon Version is 4.9.4.1100 and this has happened since I first got Maxthon a few months ago and before you told me to update to this version. I don't know how to do this .gif or video and I'm not doing anything before or after the problem occurs.. I turn my laptop on and open my browser and if I check task manager there are at least 5 of Maxthon in it. The memory in lowest is about 10,908 and top is 638,596.

Yes, most modern browsers use multiple processes especially those using chromium base, I'd be surprised if palemoon doesn't also. FF I don't know. It's nothing to worry about, it's by design.

• Like 2

I don't think BugMissoo6 understood your question. Multiple instances of Maxthon in task manager is perfectly normal as it is designed to keep the whole browser from crashing when just one item or page crashes. Version number doesn't matter as this has been this way since MX3, I believe. This is not a problem at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rick.lane said:

I don't think BugMissoo6 understood your question. Multiple instances of Maxthon in task manager is perfectly normal as it is designed to keep the whole browser from crashing when just one item or page crashes. Version number doesn't matter as this has been this way since MX3, I believe. This is not a problem at all.

Okay thank you.. I check task manager now and then and started noticing this and never seen it with my other browsers so didn't know what was going on. Now I do. Thanks again.

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.