• Magic Fill not inserting Uname&PW on some Sites

Al0n C.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can't confirm.

Tested with auto and manual mode and both worked. Also with generic profile info.

I can only recommend deleting any saved data for that site and entering, saving it again.

Hello 7twenty

Thank you but I'm using always the portable version only. 

I never had a problem with Magic fill, but from the day they changed the bank site page algorithm (  the Bank page ) the problem raised up for  me.

Note: even when I using the 'Fill form' option it's won't work because of  AutoComplete="off" exist on the HTML page ( check the "view page source" line 312 to 317 ).

Thanks again for your help.

Test with a new extracted portable version as above.

The test is to see if your settings are the problem, not the version that is installed.

On 17/6/2016 at 11:01 PM, Al0n C. said:

I still can't enter this site using Magic-fill .

Just read this again, and that sounds different to your initial post of  "'Magic-Fill' isn't  inserting Uname & Password"

When you say isn't inserting data, do you mean:
    1/ nothing is filled in the field?
    2/ the fields are filled, but on clicking enter the filled details aren't registering?

I have tested the first option, data is filled. But can't check to see if it's registering as i don't have an account.

On the other hand, "can't enter this site" sounds like the 2nd option in which case it's possibly an issue with the way Maxthon deals with some of the newer text entry fields. In which case - fill the data as normal, move your cursor to the field and type any key then delete that letter and see if it then logs you in.

6 hours ago, Al0n C. said:

it's won't work because of  AutoComplete="off" exist on the HTML page

I'm 100% certain that has nothing to do with Magic Fill. It's related to typing into the field and it will autocomplete based on previous entries. In Magic Fills case, it enters all the details instantly.

1) I mean that  nothing is filled in the field ( username / password ).

2)  When I using the 'Fill form' option it's won't work and nothing is filled in the fields as well.

So, the only way to enter my account is to fill it manually.

Thanks again. 

On 17/6/2016 at 5:17 AM, 7twenty said:

Can you test using a newly extracted portable version?

Download, extract, run, save a password and see what happens. Don't sign in to passport .

Can you please do this so we can know for sure if it's your install, and not something system related.

Also when you save the data, what shows in the magic fill saved passwords box? (block any private info please) I'm only looking for the fieldnames (eg. ctl00$PlaceHolderLogin$... )

Untitled.png

9 hours ago, Al0n C. said:

Hereby what it shows:

Something doesn't look right. Was that entry from a newly extracted portable version with no userdata imported/not signing in to passport?

On mine it shows the user/pass fields with the complicated field names, yours is just Username/Password. Also missing is the match rules field which i'm pretty sure is a requirement. How or why they aren't there is a big question?

The fact that the field names are wrong is probably why nothing gets entered. Although that doesn't quite make sense as using a General Identity to fill does fill the correct fields. But that's not the issue at the moment.

I've tested that site on my current install, a test portable install (4.4 & 4.9), an installed version - and every single version works as expected and the magic fill data shows as my image on all of them.

And the only conclusion i can come to (without confirmation of the above), is that you're still importing old userdata and that is what might be causing the problem.

Also try making a General Identity with the username/password for that site, then double click the field and choose the newly created identity from the dropdown and see if that fills properly. It should work, and that would be the only workaround I can think of till we figure out the rest.

Thank you both  7twentyBugMiss006 .

1. I'm running a 64bit Windows 7 Home Permium  (3Gb RAM, Dual Processors 2GHz ) Laptop .

2. Currently on Mx v 4.9.3.1000 Portable , with my UserData folder copied from the previous Mx v4.4.8.1000 (as I always did ... :wacko: ) 

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, Al0n C. said:

Thank you both  7twentyBugMiss006 .

1. I'm running a 64bit Windows 7 Home Permium  (3Gb RAM, Dual Processors 2GHz ) Laptop .

2. Currently on Mx v 4.9.3.1000 Portable , with my UserData folder copied from the previous Mx v4.4.8.1000 (as I always did ... :wacko: ) 

Thanks again.

You can't use your user data from 4.4.8 with 4.9.3 and expect it to work properly despite what you might have read in this forum by some users.

5 hours ago, PHYR said:

You can't use your user data from 4.4.8 with 4.9.3 and expect it to work properly despite what you might have read in this forum by some users.

I really wish this idea would die. I'm not saying that it doesn't help starting clean especially in some situations (moreso if you have a passport account), as some users have shown. But to say that you can't use previous userdata is just plain wrong.

Using a passport account does exactly the same thing, except that it gets imported from the cloud. Maybe just the guest account folder should be imported in portable, not the entire UserData folder? But in my experience i can't say i've had any major issues doing just that.

Also in the case of portable, if you're not using passport, that would imply you would need to re-enter all your MagicFill data & settings. And that is just stupid.

I just tested that site with saved MagicFill data on 4.4.8 & 4.4.3, imported the userdata by copying to 4.9, and it works as expected.

I really wish I could remote into users systems at times to deal with issues like this. Would be so much easier than waiting on feedback or getting wrong answers, or going around in circles. Obviously that's not going to happen though.

11 hours ago, Al0n C. said:

Thanks again.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/magic-fill-not-inserting-unamepw-on-some-sites-r96/&do=findComment&comment=436

Can you please do the tests in the above post...You can't expect any fix without answers to the questions asked.

Hi  7twenty

Usually am using the guest account. 

Today I'd deleted the bank site info from MagicFill, but when I entered to the bank site and fill manually the User-name and Password, Magic-Fill didn't ask me to save the "new data site" ....  (so it gone and there's no Undo option)

As you know, I can't even add a new site manually to Magic Fill....

What a frustration 

Usually am using the guest account. 

Irrelevant. You need to test using a clean version - no userdata. This was requested no less than 4 times. We need to determine if it's Maxthon or your userdata. That can't be done unless you test a clean version with NO userdata.

Today I'd deleted the bank site info from MagicFill,

You said you tried this 3 weeks ago. If you haven't done anything to try and fix/determine the issue, doing the same things over and over more than likely won't result in a different outcome.

Magic-Fill didn't ask me to save the "new data site"

It doesn't have to and may not always ask. Use the Save Form option on the context menu when clicking in the username/password box, or ALT+1.

I can't even add a new site manually to Magic Fill....

That's normal. You can add a new general identity. When you double-click in the box you choose that option. I asked you to test this 1 week ago.

MaxthonSnap20160707094938.png

If you don't understand what is being requested, ask for more info. I can't offer more than the above till we know where the issue is.

Hi

Sorry, just wanted to avoid performing a new installation without my UserData folder and afterward manually filling all my sites username & passwords from scratch ... assuming there's no a specific Magic-Fill file to restore (please correct me if am wrong ). 

Anyhow, after some testing, I've found that I can use the Save Form option on the context menu (as you wrote), so this step solved my bank site issue only. 

I wander if I have to do this for all my sites one by one from scratch... :wacko:

Thank you !

My Account.jpg

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.