• Flash 23 no longer works in MX4.9 in WinXP ?

Perplexer

I have upgraded Flash Player (23.0.0.207) on my Windows XP 32-bit PC and copied the file pepflashplayer32_23_0_0_207.dll to Maxthon\Core\Blink\plugins\pepflashplayer.dll as I usually do. The problem is that now my Maxthon 4.9.4.2000 says "Could not load plug-in." when I go to "http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/".

I had to revert back to old DLL version 22.0.0.192 which still works in Maxthon on my WinXP PC.

So, does anyone have any definitive information about this? Will Maxthon 4.9 support new Flash plugins on Windows XP ?

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I can't see any reason why that should happen.

AFAIK Maxthon will just load the DLL that is in that folder. Works fine with the latest MX versions, and can't see any reason why XP should have any bearing on it loading or not.

I'd check that the file is not corrupted, the correct file is copied and that Maxthon wasn't running when you copied the file over.

Also check that the latest flash is working on the system using another browser that uses the same files. (That is not Chrome as it uses it's own one)

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.