• 4.9.3.500 beta issues

avegaweiss

Some issues I continue findind on 4.9 track:

- magic fill only fills some of the entries, but not all

- Snap can't be associated to CTRL-F1  (or just CTRL-F1 shortcut not working)

- Find in page Freezes almost every time I try to use (and need to kill maxthon from task manager)

On the other hand, PLEASE! go back to some key features:

- split screen

- developer tools on both retro and ultra mode

Also I miss more frequent updates, where some minor bugs were corrected very fast. Is Maxthon still a live project? I see more focus on  "search de maxthon pet name", or "greetins for all these years ", than in paid atention to users requests.......

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1) can't say.. those I tried work fine here. Can you provide a site that doen't work fine with magic fill please ?

2) snap works fine here (both ctrl + F1 and ctrl + F2)

3) another user reported this already, it works fine here. 

The split mode will come back in MX5.

Now, developer tool works well, but only in Ultra Mode.

Snap(Ctrl+F1) and Find in Page work good.

what's your computer system and browser version? 

QQ截图20160531125113.jpg

For Magic Fill problem, could you provide a specific web link with this problem?

- magic fill only fills some of the entries, but not all

Untitled20160531152619.png

Can't confirm here. The details auto-filled correctly after saving them. And if not using auto, doubleclicking the filed and selecting the dropdown box fills them out correctly as well.

For the find issue, is it on particular sites? Or that is random as well?

please get the network speed,cpu usage,ram usage back, download with.

also the find in retro mode is not working the page will freeze when i search for something.

i didn't see any support for internet download manager extension, the flashget and orbit is available, i know that 

internet download manager have support for all browser integration ,but it's better to add support like firefox. 

Ok I decided to add my bugs to this topic.

So...

In this beta open links in new tab via right click doesn't work well if we compare it to previous Mx version.

There is "Save image" options instead "Open link in new tab". :huh:

It happens on a lot of websites.

Check screenshots for comparision/ more details, please.

Two example links :

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/windows/win10/

http://www.gry-online.pl/

IMHO this change is very inconvenient.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1

I see the same with links you provided.

It's open link of an image that has a problem. There's no option to open the link, only the image itself.

O.T. I don't need a forum notification that I've just posted:twisted:

• Like 2

On 2016/5/31 at 6:42 AM, m▲gg said:

Ok I decided to add my bugs to this topic.

So...

In this beta open links in new tab via right click doesn't work well if we compare it to previous Mx version.

There is "Save image" options instead "Open link in new tab". :huh:

It happens on a lot of websites.

Check screenshots for comparision/ more details, please.

Two example links :

http://www.deviantart.com/browse/all/customization/skins/windows/win10/

http://www.gry-online.pl/

IMHO this change is very inconvenient.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

not a bug. a design change.:)

Thanks for kind suggestion. I will transfer this proposal to design team.

2 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

a "design change" that removes a feature, again !... we also lost the ability to capture "right-click menus" with snapshot... :wacko:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BugMiss006 said:

Another stupid decision!

Do you know how very inconvenient is browsing now without this feature?! ALL other browsers have this option but of course not Maxthon... 

And you still wonder why you losing user base... :mdr:

Keep it up Mx Team!

For 12 years of continuous Maxthon use and support finally decided to change browser.

• Like 1

On 2.06.2016 at 4:38 AM, BugMiss006 said:

Bump!

What about Mx users with laptops? Very often they use only touchpad without scrool/ middle mouse button. How they can open links in a new tab then?!

4 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Bump!

What about Mx users with laptops? Very often they use only touchpad without scrool/ middle mouse button. How they can open links in a new tab then?!

On my iphone, those options can be shown by pressing the link with 2 mins, then a menu will appear.

3 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

On my iphone, those options can be shown by pressing the link with 2 mins, then a menu will appear.

LOL!

We're talking about Mx for Windows! Not for iOS!

20 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

LOL!

We're talking about Mx for Windows! Not for iOS!

Sorry, I thought the touchpad you said is iOS touchpad or Andorid touchpad...

For common windows system laptops, all operations and settings are same. there're also left and right keys on laptops' touchpad....

8 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

I thought the touchpad you said is iOS touchpad or Andorid touchpad...

For common windows system laptops, all operations and settings are same. there're also left and right keys on laptops' touchpad...

:huh:

Touchpad isn't equal touchscreen!

https://www.google.pl/search?q=touchpad&client=aff-maxthon-maxthon4&hs=al9&affdom=maxthon.com&channel=t26&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwid5YG4-ZTNAhVGXRoKHaonDoMQ_AUIBygB&biw=1873&bih=945&gws_rd=cr&ei=YjxWV6inD8WtadCKmeAH

touchpad-568x378-568x378.jpg

3 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

...no idea for this kind of laptop...

I think...If they want to use scrool/middle mouse features, they need firstly have a scrool/middle mouse

3 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

I think...If they want to use scrool/middle mouse features, they need firstly have a scrool/middle mouse

Jeezzz... You really completly don't understand at all !

Did you even read my previous post http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/493500-beta-issues-r73/#comment-127 ?!!!

There is no option " open in a new tab" under right click mouse button on some links. I gave you some examples links to test.

:))

16 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

Jeezzz... You really completly don't understand at all !

Did you even read my previous post http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/493500-beta-issues-r73/#comment-127 ?!!!

There is no option " open in a new tab" under right click mouse button on some links. I gave you some examples links to test.

:))

I had already transferred this suggestion of "no option 'open in a new tab' under right click menu" to design team.

I guess, in image right click, the option of "open in new tab" in right click menu has been cancelled maybe because it's a little repeat with the option of "open image in new tab". For image, choose "open in new tab", you also open a image in new tab. Maybe it's same for "open image in new tab".

I tried for a link. If you move cursor on a link, you can see "open link in new tab" in right click menu.

15 minutes ago, BugMiss006 said:

I had already transferred this suggestion of "no option 'open in a new tab' under right click menu" to design team.

OMG

Check carefully my screenshots from previous post!

In previous Mx version when you click right mouse button on whatever link on (for example) deviantart.com or http://www.gry-online.pl/  there is option to "open link in a new tab"

Now, in current Mx build devs remove this function! Now when you right click on link on deviantart it shows only options to save image and so one.

That's the problem.

Now the only way to open that links in new tab is click on middle mouse button/ scroll.

The point is that a lot of laptops don't have middle mouse button ( for example my crappy 2014' Dell at work)

Clear enough now?!

9 minutes ago, m▲gg said:

OMG

Check carefully my screenshots from previous post!

In previous Mx version when you click right mouse button on whatever link on (for example) deviantart.com or http://www.gry-online.pl/  there is option to "open link in a new tab"

Now, in current Mx build devs remove this function! Now when you right click on link on deviantart it shows only options to save image and so one.

That's the problem.

Now the only way to open that links in new tab is click on middle mouse button/ scroll.

The point is that a lot of laptops don't have middle mouse button ( for example my crappy 2014' Dell at work)

Clear enough now?!

M△GG, relax... I had already transferred this suggestion of "add option of 'open in a new tab' back in right click menu" to design team.

1 hour ago, BugMiss006 said:

M△GG, relax... I had already transferred this suggestion of "add option of 'open in a new tab' back in right click menu" to design team.

please tell devs to stop removing features, if not they might remove the users too.... :(

• Like 2

On 6/7/2016 at 11:21 PM, BugMiss006 said:

Not necessarily.  On my Dell laptop, the two trakpad buttons pressed together can by seen as "dmiddle button" and at the same time, the touchpad's scroll regin can  be used.  It's a little less convenient than a mouse with a middle wheel with button, but it can work.  Of course, the driver has to offere the options, so not all laptops may be equal.

<<SL>>

• Pending = We are still working on this report.

Solved = The issue has been fixed and the resolution will be available in the recent version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion.