Pages refreshing - Java script

I've noticed two refreshing problems that may or may not be related.

• First, some pages will go into a refresh loop where they just keep refreshing forever. Nexusmods.com does this ALL the time. It's fairly consistent and repeatable - all I have to do is go to www.nexusmods.com then hit the "refresh" button, and a neverending loop of refresh ensues. This has been happening with the Nexus for over a year across multiple versions of Maxthon. If I close the tab and reopen it, the loop is broken and the page loads normally. Or if I manage to click the "X" to stop the page load at just the right time, the loop is broken and I can still sort-of browse the page.
  • Second, multiple pages will refresh frequently, especially after loading. I've noticed this a lot with facebook. This is also fairly consistent and repeatable, but doesn't happen every time. If I click the "f" in the upper left corner of Facebook, it takes me to my newsfeed home page, loads, then refreshes. It does this nearly every time I click that "f". Also, I will be browsing facebook, scrolling down my newsfeed, and if I step away (move to another tab) for a while then come back, the page refreshes and I lose my place.

I'm currently running 4.4.5.1000 on Windows 8.1.

The first issue I'm fairly confident has something to do with Maxthon's javascript engine, but I haven't done any further investigation.

The second issue I have no idea why it happens, but it is a fairly recent development. It may be related to AdBlock plus, but it is not this issue mentioned in this thread, because I'm using a later version after that issue was fixed and it happens with many pages when they load even if Maxthon has been running for a long time.

I've noticed two refreshing problems that may or may not be related.

• First, some pages will go into a refresh loop where they just keep refreshing forever. Nexusmods.com does this ALL the time. It's fairly consistent and repeatable - all I have to do is go to www.nexusmods.com then hit the "refresh" button, and a neverending loop of refresh ensues. This has been happening with the Nexus for over a year across multiple versions of Maxthon. If I close the tab and reopen it, the loop is broken and the page loads normally. Or if I manage to click the "X" to stop the page load at just the right time, the loop is broken and I can still sort-of browse the page.

confirmed here with your link

sigmax2.png

I noticed similar issue as listed in the second paragraph with Google Plus. But in that case the page is not "only" refreshing, but it's just crashing. It was reported here. On Facebook I am not able to reproduce it :/

Yes it's a problem with this script, put il in the ABP rules for nexusmods.com and it stop refreshing.

http://www.nexusmods.com/contents/Scripts/BBoC-04dbd56e6f6c4dd14beeb6d25bfbef14.js

Good to know :) thanks! I noticed there are almost 4000 lines in this JS - any idea what it does or what impact it has on the functionality of the site? I'm assuming that NexusMods has done some pretty decent QA with other browsers, so this issue is probably limited to Maxthon and to Maxthon's Javascript compiler.

Hi,

Thanks for your question. We have noticed that and we are working on this. Please be patient.

Thank you!!!! :)

For this second issue, I can't reproduce it, but I don't use a list ABP, only my own global rules list.

This thing was doing it to me all day yesterday, but when I went to post this it had quit acting up. It's possible it was a temporary issue with Facebook - they're always changing their production code around like it's a dev box. I do recall seeing the issue with other sites, but didn't take notes and can't reproduce it today.

Archived