All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Hello! Didn't auto-update & previous version said was already up-to-date. Manually installed, but after completing, Maxthon didn't start back up. Manually loaded & briefly showed new features in Chinese, before changing to English. This is the first 'stable' release in 3 months(!) & we're still stuck on Chromium 109... Since this is just for Windows 7/8/8.1 users, why not change the development of Maxthon to use a forked (latest) Chromium core, but modify it to remain compatible with older OSs (like Supermium)? That way all users will be served & happy! The lack of compatibility & HUGE numbers of security issues that aren't getting fixed isn't worth killing Maxthon for, but that's what will happen if you continue on this doomed path!
  3. Today
  4. Hi Mhzayer, could you disable all extensions and try again?
  5. 1. The number of hidden tabs is still not properly shown if more than 100 2. When opening more than 18 tabs from bookmarks, an annoying popup asks for confirmation 3. Maxthon recreates the desktop shortcut with each upgrade and installation, DO NOT DO THAT. Some people like their desktop icon-free. 4. New tabs do not allow to open their custom homepage (google for example). It is unacceptable to hear that this will not be implemented/fixed. 5. New "window", "incognito" and "session" options inside Maxthon also do not open a custom homepage but a builtin one. These are things that are broken for an extremely long time.
  6. I'd like to point out that the search bar issue is fixed in this version Now whatever engine I choose becomes the main in the old version I had to choose just drag text to the tab bar to be able to search with the newly chosen engine But the microsoft form issue is still present even in safe mode
  7. please build on beta version Chromium 125...
  8. Hi Magdalene, currently this feature is only for members. There might be plans to include this feature for guest accounts subsequently.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Version7.1.8.7600(64-bit)0325 10:18 There is some mode issue with the browser. When I access the Maxthon website, it automatically switches to Retro Mode from Ultra mode. The pages don't appear properly. I switch back to Ultra Mode and it works fine with few pages. Later on, if I access the website again, it switches back to Retro mode. It doesn't seem to remember the modes. The problem is the tab and the entire browser crashes - pretty much all the time. Right now, I can't even login to the community forum from Maxthon browser. I had to use another browser to login and post this issue. This is not a version specific issue.
  11. Can we use Video Downloader whilst using guest account we do we have to sign in.
  12. Maxthon PC 7.1.8.9000 + Comprehensive upgrade of data synchronization mechanism for faster and safer data syncing + Added Search Tab button located at the top left corner of the tab bar, allowing users to view and search open and recently closed tabs through an expanded menu. This feature can be enabled or disabled in 'Settings'->'Appearance' and supports keyboard shortcuts. + Added Video Download Acceleration: For full video downloads, videos from certain sites can be downloaded at high speed by clicking the acceleration button in the download popup to download the 720P version of the video. + Added Vertical Video Download Support: Resolution for full video downloads is adjusted to match the original video playback resolution. + Added Custom UserAgent: Added the ability to set a custom UserAgent string in Settings->Advanced->Laboratory. + Added intelligent recognition of extension file format: The download manager intelligently recognizes extension file (.crx) formats and prompts users to install them after successful download. + Added Password Manager shortcuts. Users can modify shortcuts in Settings->Mouse Gestures and Shortcuts->Shortcut Settings->More Shortcut Settings. * Optimized display of extension management quantity: The extensions management page now displays the total number of installed extensions. * Optimized interaction of Super bookmarks bar: Setting and unsetting 'My Favorites' will not close the bookmark menu, allowing consecutive settings in the bookmark bar. * Updated translations for multiple languages. - Fixed issue where changing bound accounts caused the new account to become a local account. - Fixed known crashes and issues. https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9000/maxthon_7.1.8.9000_x64.exe https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9000/maxthon_7.1.8.9000_x86.exe https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9000/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9000_x64.zip https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases/download/7.1.8.9000/maxthon_portable_7.1.8.9000_x86.zip
  13. Wrong zip archive name but right files after unzip.
  14. 7.1.8.9000 is here. https://github.com/maxthon/Maxthon/releases The Portable downloads are linked to the wrong file (7.1.7.8000)
  15. Hi miguelconde, the development team is looking into this password syncing issue. They will try to fix it as soon as possible.
  16. Hi Mhzayer, could you go to your local drive and send me your 'preferences' file under your user data profile? I will get the developer to do a check for you.
  17. Hi Mhzayer, no issue on my end. Was able to fill up the form and submit it. Hi grisp1, have reported this issue to the development team for them to check on it.
  18. Last week
  19. I am writing to report a possible bug that I have encountered in the Passkeeper tool on both the Maxthon browser version 7.1.8.8201 (on win 10 22H2) and the Android version 7.2.3.320 (on Android 11). The issue is that the passwords are coming up empty in the Passkeeper tool from these versions onwards. This problem is consistently replicable and affects both the desktop and Android versions of the software. I hope this issue can be addressed promptly as it significantly impacts the functionality and user experience. I understand that there might be a possibility of recovering these passwords from a backup of the Maxthon folders. However, I am unsure of the process and need guidance if that is possible. Thank you for your attention.
  20. For me if you're proposing a paid option, it should be fully functional ! You can't charge people with something which is working like a beta... why create a function to manage bookmarks that offers fewer options than the basic function (which is free with Maxthon) ? A complete nonsense for me...
  21. Hello @BugSir009, I noticed there is a regression in the 'Restore Last Closed Page' feature: it doesn't preserve the page navigation history anymore: This used to be working before but gone some time ago. Would it be possible to bring the feature back? Thanks!
  22. I like to think that "updating browser engine" means that a newer Chromium version is in the works for Maxthon. Something like 120 or newer would be very welcome.
  23. when I copy anything to the search bar then search for it using the default search say Google for instance it will search normally But if I click to change that search engine to yahoo for instance then hit enter it will still use google and if I then hit enter a second time it will use yahoo this been happening quite often in the last couple of versions I don't know since when
  24. https://forms.office.com/r/ay31r6Ejey Could you guys check this form 😉 If you could fill it too Maxthon just blocked it for me I opened it with Chrome and filled it Is it just me ?
  25. Oh, I didn't know that, or maybe I forgot. Either way, thanks a lot for clarification!
  26. Netflix cannot work on Maxthon as it does not contain Widevine . The Developers of Widevine refuse to communicate with Maxthon. Netflix functions only on Browsers which have signed exclusivity agreements with Netflix (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari) https://help.netflix.com/en/node/30081
  27. Does Maxthon PC 7.1.8.8201 beta (Windows 11) work with Nextflix for anybody here? When I try to play some Netflix content I get the Netflix error UI3012 or M7121-1331 (when I tried it in incognito mode) or it simply logs me out. If I open Edge and try it there, it loads and plays normally. Any ideas?
  28. Hi KSab, could you try downloading the 7.1.8.8201 version and alter the target path by including --jssync=sfpb The development team has uploaded this test version and would require users to test out to see if synchronization will work in this version.
  1. Load more activity